InteliSecure - Poorly poorly managed, the false dream. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InteliSecure

"Poorly poorly managed, the false dream."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good place for a first job as they are eager to hire young college grads.
-The majority of employees were really nice and great to work with.
-At least one, but only one, of the managers can be applauded for great dedication to both the company and their employees.

Cons

-No training existed, despite their claims it does.
-Roughly 50% of the staff that existed upon my hire-on date has quit.
-Management consists of young 23 year olds with only a year's work experience.
-Personally lied to about benefits and salary bumps.
-Promised 90 day reviews (by contract) to discuss salary was ignored.
-Placed on probation for no reason, later to find out management thought I was using my military service as an excuse to get out of work (I was currently serving in the service at the time). Was never given an apology, no manager even approached me to ask if I could provide documentation and proof, which I would have readily done.
-Extensive gap between management and employees.
-Zero managerial decisions made in advance of problems. Decisions always made after employees suffered extensively.
-Clear effort to hire young college students who don't know better.
-The not only tolerance but advocacy for drug use and alcohol (and we're not talking about "beer Fridays")
-Witnessed one employee fired very publicly, in-front of the entire company, with screaming and profanity.
-Work life balance is preached, but completely ignored. Expect to work minimum 60 hour weeks or be ostracized.
-Managers with extremely poor leadership skills. Not uncommon to have managers talk behind the backs of their employees and then once confronted, claim they said nothing.
-Clear effort to sell the company is disguised by management offering stock options, however after 2 years of talking about these "options," nothing has been signed into any employees contracts.
-Sales department benefits from all the work of managed services department. Once a sale is transitioned to a managed service (of which my department oversaw), if the client renews because we provided excellent service, we saw no bonus or percentage. Instead sales were rewarded for our work.
-If you want to do the best and don't settle for less, you will be continually frustrated by an environment of complacent attitude, where hours worked are much preferred over quality of work.
-I had 3 managers in the course of 90 days.
-The poor quality of the company will always be excused by the term "growing pains."
-Disillusioned young managers convinced the company will be their payout and doorway to be rich.

Advice to Management

Understand that the opinions of managers do not reflect the whole of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for InteliSecure

"Professional Services"

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time

Pros

Ability to impact change is amazing! Evolution of career growth and formalized career path has stabilized previous turnover issues and provided a foundation for an upward trajectory. Leadership change from the top-down has ushered in an era of measurable and achievable goals company-wide. Common-sense approach from management is welcomed across the board. Strong team structure within Professional Services and solid working relationship with Program Management.

Cons

Some individuals in management appear to be somewhat resistant to the improved vision and still cling to their own self-interest in their particular line of business.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon the foundation of your Professional Service engagements to provide opportunities across the remaining lines of business. Continue to seek actionable advice from your employees, as it is already paying dividends across the board.

"Okay place to get your start, don't plan on staying"

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Security Engineer

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation, nice area, upscale apartments close to the office, good food in the building next door.

Cons

In one word, Unprofessional. Frequently there were drinking contests at company meetings and the CEO would stumble around the office drunk. If you're a travelling consultant there is effectively no work/life balance. COO is petty and takes everything personally.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, you have loads of talented people coming into the organization, then you keep them in their positions until they quit. Reach out and try to rehire your best former employees, do whatever it takes, they built your company into what it is.