Intelius - Company with potential, no longer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intelius

"Company with potential, no longer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intelius full-time

Pros

Pros here include: Decent parking compensation program. Near Bellevue bus. Engineers on call get comped on cellular bill. Some smart folks work here who want to do good. Facilities and working areas are pretty new. Working on the 22nd or 16th floor offers good views of Bellevue.

Cons

Baggage with a number of older projects, products and botched aquisitions. Lots of wild hair side projects to make a quick buck. Lack of concern for customer and delivering a quality product. Management will lie about a number of things to cover up issues with the company. Lack of willingness to admit failure to improve the business. Company also has a tendency to go low on compensation. Lately employee attrition has been high. Lack of respect for the CEO in the region. Intelius is not a well liked business in the region.

Advice to Management

Focus on one product and remove distractions. Learn from your mistakes, and become more accountable to your employees. They know when you make mistakes, so addressing them and making a plan to succeed in the future is key. Get a CEO who's focused on the company's success. The current one is focused on a number of projects. Intelius/Inome seems to be a side project.

Other Employee Reviews for Intelius

"Shady dealings. Mixed messages from top management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Intelius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They like to hire young people and give them a chance to grow.

Cons

The put those young people into positions they aren't ready for because they don't have to pay them much. They have a history of adding hidden fees into the transaction pipeline, which I thought had ended. But the last round of such behavior this summer resulted in the company laying off 1/4 of its employees.

Advice to Management

Find your core competency, streamline it and stop trying to grift money from your users.

"Unethical, 0 Integrity Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bothell, WA

I worked at Intelius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a lunch break that is about it.

Cons

Everything but the lunch break

Advice to Management

I decided after multiple negatives at this job to call it quits, first when I was hired I was told I was being hired for a sales role which then turned into a customer service role. But what sent me over the edge was the fact they knew they were robbing people of their money and we could not refund them their money unless the customer mentioned the BBB or the Attorney General. They had an out source company in Indonesia and one day a customer called me and asked why he was still being charged $40.00 a month on his CC, he said he canceled it 7 months ago and talked to the out source people and they were suppose to cancel it. I placed him on hold and investigated it and the out source had notes on his account that said he called and canceled his account. The out source person who canceled his account didn't cancel it the correct way so the customer was still being billed, knowing that is was our companies fault that he was still being billed I contacted a manager to ask if we could refund the customer I showed the manager the notes of the out source rep saying he wanted to cancel and that they messed up some how by not closing his account down. My manager said we could do nothing even though it was our fault. I pleaded for the customer because he was out almost $300.00 because of us they still said we can't refund him his money. This was the straw that broke the camels back it happened all the time we made a mistake and the customers have to pay for it. I quit within the week.