Intematix - Working at Intematix as a Mechanical Engineering Intern provided a fantastic experience in working with small teams. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intematix

"Working at Intematix as a Mechanical Engineering Intern provided a fantastic experience in working with small teams."

Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Fremont, CA
Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Fremont, CA

I worked at Intematix as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Intematix is a company that primarily refines phosphor for LED applications. When I worked for the company in the ChromaLit division, the R&D group was very small, consisting of three physicists, one mechanical engineer, one manufacturing engineering, and a handful of technicians. The group's objective was to replace current lighting technology (incandescent and fluorescent) with LED lighting. The group was small enough to take on almost any customer's requests to net an income.

Cons

This company is a smaller, and thus offers fewer benefits to employees and provides less job security. The ChromaLit department is a little bit haphazard and does not have fantastic documentation.

Other Employee Reviews for Intematix

1. "Engineer"

I worked at Intematix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some very bright people in R&D. Company events every month or so. My boss was cool until he left. His replacement, not so much.

Cons

The company was not growing in revenue and actually going the opposite direction. Lots of lay-offs. It was quite top-heavy, but eventually the lay-offs took care of that.

Advice to Management

Find a way to build up revenue and change with the market. Learn from mishaps.

"Avoid if you have a choice"

I worked at Intematix full-time

Pros

Honestly I can't think of any pros.

Cons

Before one of the all hands meeting they provided a box for anonymous questions. A question was picked that was not in favor of the CEO/company. They found out who wrote the questions and fired him.
    There are many many other cons to the company.

Intematix Response

May 12, 2016 – HR Operations Specialist

Thanks for taking time to leave your comments, while I have never seen anyone collecting questions before all hands meetings in this company. Are you sure it happened here?