InterContinental Hotels Group - I've thoroughly enjoyed working for this company since I was 18 years old | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

"I've thoroughly enjoyed working for this company since I was 18 years old"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockland, MA
Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockland, MA

Pros

World-wide employee discounts at hotels, excellent training seminars, great opportunities for advancement, a company that really seems to care about its employees.

Cons

As a salaried employee in the hospitality field, there is no such thing as a 40-hour work week. Advancement opportunities may take a while.

Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

1. "Somewhat satisfied"

Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH

Pros

Flexible schedule, somewhat friendly atmosphere and our co-workers are great and try there best under the owners who need to get some professional managment help.

Cons

Minimal pay no benefits, no paid vacation but you can take one, the owners are forigners so there is a big culture difference. They try to run everything on there own instead of bringing in the proper help to support them. They do everything on the cheap instead of getting the job done in a timley manner.
    The owners wife and family members breathe down your back like a dragon.

Advice to Management

Get some proper management help instead of trying to juggle every thing yourself it really messes up the whole process of running your 3 hotels.

2. "A second place to call home!"

Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Co-workers were great people to work with! We worked soo many extra long hours together, that we didn't have much other choice then to become a family. Beautiful environment and to work with a chance to meet many A List stars.

Cons

Payscale, PTO, secruity checked personals everytime you walked in and out of the door for work because upper management did not trust the workers!

Advice to Management

Have more faith in the staff and choose your battles more wisely! Do not write a person up for taking a Harbour Court pen outside of the building as you have many people. Do not eat so many gourmet meals in front of the hardworking staff and supply uniforms with fabric that breathes. The people work long hours in uniforms that keep your body temperature at 100 degrees. Treat others as you want to be treated. Pay more then $12.50 an hour to your supervisors.