InterContinental Hotels Group - IHG has been presented me with an exciting and challenging place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

"IHG has been presented me with an exciting and challenging place to work."

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Systems Architect in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The product is top notch and therefore easy to be proud of. The company treats everyone involved as valuable assets and encourages a health work/home balance.

Cons

Due to some of the recent challenges in Global IT, IHG can be stressful at times. The best workers for IHG are those that thrive on these types of challenging environments.

Advice to Management

Invest more in streamlining and automating IT functions. Many of the challenges we are facing today in Global IT stem from a fragmented and ad hoc approach to infrastructure management.

Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

1. "Franchise is not the way to go"

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Waco, TX

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice chain other than crown plaza

Cons

Franchise I am sure is VERY different from corp. owned. The one I work for is not very organized, and wants to work people 24/7 as if they have no lives. No balance. They get upset if you don't come in on your off days!

Advice to Management

Needs to be more proper training and continuous training with franchise properties. I am sure corp. properties have a good handle on this.

2. "Good Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with high profile fortune 500 companies. Great experience with high level B2B, budget analysis, networking, and marketing.

Cons

Long hours, not a lot of room for promotion. Salary could be better, and bonus structure needs to be better developed