InterContinental Hotels Group - Misleading job terms, sweatshop conditions, sewing circle culture, do not want | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

"Misleading job terms, sweatshop conditions, sewing circle culture, do not want"

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can get into the right group/pod, it's probably a decent gig for a long-term contractor.

Cons

Unfortunately, I will never know, as I was put into a group with a bunch of bitter, miserable Java devs with Napoleonic complexes, among other crippling social deficiencies. Project lead was a backbiting gossip queen who did nothing but talk shiz about anyone and everyone as soon as they left the room. They also completely misrepresented my job duties, and when I objected, they booted me. Outside of the pod, you have Indians that glare at you in the hallways, as if you're the one invading THEIR country. Then there's the working conditions: they put multiple people in the same cube, and actually have some sitting out in the hallways. Someone forgot to tell management this is a first-world country, not Bangalore.

Advice to Management

If you want people to conform to job requirements they weren't hired for, tell them this before they waste their time there.

Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

"Little opportunity for advancement"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Tried to accommodate work/life balance. Senior management was always visible and interacted with staff. Tried to foster a family work environment

Cons

Below average pay, no enough opportunity to develop or advance in career. Management played favorites/hired friends and never issued discipline for their sub-par performance.

Advice to Management

Learn to feedback to employees and provide opportunities for advancement/development

2. "Banquet Server"

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Lawrence, KS

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Usually get free dinner/snacks

Cons

Work late, Low pay, Generally No Tips

Advice to Management

None