InterDigital - InterDigital is a place that can be both a wonderful and frustrating place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterDigital

"InterDigital is a place that can be both a wonderful and frustrating place to work."

Current Employee - Manager Equivalent
Current Employee - Manager Equivalent

Pros

Very intelligent workforce; excellent salaries, benefits, bonuses; many avenues for learning - rotations in departments, training programs, and some really good people who are willing to teach you things and share their ideas. We can challenge ideas freely. While there's always a lot of change going on, it's a great company and our CEO is really approachable and totally gets it. There is a friendly, family-like atmosphere, very casual. It's easy to look forward to going to work.

Cons

We could update some of our internal technologies and maybe run certain areas more efficiently but the company is always looking at ways to improve so I have no complaints!

Advice to Management

It seems like the board of directors has always been too conservative to give good advice to a tech company so I would say to try and get more tech savvy and younger members on the board. They should be more willing to take risks on future technologies. We are extremely smart engineers and management has good ideas. I always have gotten the impression that the board blocks a lot of the more risky and interesting ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for InterDigital

1. "Good pay for very senior level engineers and managers, poor pay to junior engineers"

Pros

Good pay for very senior level engineers and managers

Cons

poor pay to junior engineers

2. "Intelligent, Motivated and Respectful Co-workers"

Current Employee - Intern in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Intern in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Inter Digital is a small company that focuses on the design of patents for cell phone technology. There are many opportunities to learn from an experienced R&D team. Everyone seems very motivated and there is a very good feeling of respect between employees (corporate politics exist but are kept to a minimum).

Cons

The employees are very skilled technically and tend to keep to themselves. You really need to engage yourself in discussion with other employees more so than at other companies. However if you make the effort, everyone seems very happy to help.

Advice to Management

Seek to improve the efficiency of communication. Emphasize small meetings and discussions between a few people over large time-wasters. I spend way to much in "required" meetings. (This may not apply to everyone in the company but many of my co-workers have voiced this same concern).