InterSystems - One of the best IT company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterSystems

"One of the best IT company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Santiago (Chile)

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the Intersystems culture, specially the businesses that we are doing in Chile. Improve the Public HealthCare is something that fills me with pride every day. Having the chance to meet the CEO of the company is absolutly fantastic and talks about Intersystems culture, how the things work inside.

Cons

Comunication. In a large company as Intersystems sometimes to get the latest information or the lastest things that are happening in the company is difficult. But we are improving each day! I'm pretty sure if we can be able to share all the information necessary to all the employees this will be even a better company.

Advice to Management

Keep the faith on employees. Teach them, guide them and the results will be even better

Other Employee Reviews for InterSystems

1. "Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Santiago (Chile)

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Both financial and time support for specialization in your career.

Cons

Limited responsabilities to apply your skills. Your position is more a contractor giving a service than a employee. Hard to advance inside the organization.

Advice to Management

Give more internal opportunities to non-cache employees.

2. "Unusually stable tech company strongly worth a look if you are OK with legacy technology"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like going to work because coworkers are top notch, environment is nice, and the resources to solve technical issues are available. A problem with the database doesn't mean a call to the Microsoft support line with your fingers crossed, but a skype to a mate back in the US who works on it.
    Company's net income has trending upward for decades.
    In Sydney, very international workforce, so much to learn from coworkers from all over the world.
    Technical specialist is a fun role that spans the gap between developers and product implementation.
    Work-life balance is better here than at most tech companies. Work-at-home sometimes possible a day or two a week.
    Opportunities to travel to assist with implementation and sometimes to work abroad long term.
    Company is more execution than public relations. You feel that your work actually counts for something in real life beyond the content of a press release.
    Compensation levels tend to be what you expect, and level-appropriate.

Cons

The company's core technologies aren't the most popular tech buzzwords in the 21st century, although they are so reliable that many, many businesses use them.
    Company is not a "household name" on the CV because customers generally use its technologies internally.
    Advancement tends to be other than through informal paths.
    Company's technologies can be challenging from the developer or administrative perspectives. If you don't have patience for technical detail, this may not be the employer or role for you.

Advice to Management

Look around to find some more acquisitions to expand the company's product line.
    Create a rotation program so that developers can experience the results of their "shortcuts" in the field and so that the field can experience how difficult that "simple change" they asked for is to implement.
    Cambridge has an educational benefit, according to another review here? Please consider one for the Sydney staff! Please?