InterSystems - Awesome internship, but it did little to add to my technical expertise useful outside of the company | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for InterSystems

"Awesome internship, but it did little to add to my technical expertise useful outside of the company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA

I worked at InterSystems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

$20/hr. Worked on a project with guidance from employee mentors. Lots of autonomy. It's up to you to get your work done. Everyone was really smart and nice, current employees and other interns alike.

Cons

All the interns were given the opportunity to present our projects to the company as a whole, which was cool but also forced us to take significant time away from working on our cool projects, and instead on practicing how to give good presentations. We must've practiced it at least 6 times for our boss.
The technical skills learned during my time there seem like they'll only be useful if I go work for some company that uses InterSystems's Cache database, and I feel like if I worked for ISC full time I'd be pigeonholed into that company or one of their partners for the rest of my career, and I'd be the first one to be cut loose if any of these companies started doing poorly.

Other Employee Reviews for InterSystems

1. "Happy to work for InterSystems"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair selection process, flexible, challenging, lots of opportunities to be yourself and to contribute, has its own character.

Cons

No career path for most.

2. "I am very happy working in an environment where i can make significant and valuable impact."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very lateral org chart; dynamic product; highly intelligent work force; well paid

Cons

resistant to change in processes, procedures.