InterSystems - a few months in and loving it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InterSystems

"a few months in and loving it"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very friendly and laid back workplace. The management is great and very receptive to feedback. Very good work life balance, everyone respects your personal time. The office environment is corporate, but comfortable, and the views of the Charles river and Boston are some of the best views in the city. Benefits package is great, good insurance, PTO, Holidays, etc.

Cons

None so far that I have noticed, perhaps the expensive parking. Although it is right next to the Red Line Kendall stop, so public transportation for commuters is really easy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great things you are doing. And maybe start some extra curricular company activities such as softball teams, social club activities, etc. They might exist, I just haven't heard of any yet, so if they do, promote them more.

Other Employee Reviews for InterSystems

"A sweat Shop would be more fun!"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Cambridge, MA

I worked at InterSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any. The people who have ALL the power are 5 or 6 executives. You better bow down to them or you are TOAST. They are always right and they dont want to hear otherwise.

Cons

Where to begin:

Must wear a tie. They call that business casual. All the execs wear suits
    Benefits are just okay. They only recently got dental insurance for employees.
    You better not leave before 5 or you WILL BE SPOKEN TO!
    Everyone back stabs each other.
    Most people hate it there but stay due to lack of options.
    HR is of NO help to employees and sides with management 100% of the time.
    When you walk in you are automatically looked at with skepticism. No one really talks to you and they let you sink or swim on your own. No one helps you avoid the political land mines. In fact they enjoy it when you step on one.
    You are never given a second chance. One mistake and YOU ARE GONE

I was there a short time and started looking for a new job after a month there.

Advice to Management

Its 2014 not 1950. act like a software company not IBM in the 50's. NO TIES and Business Casual is Business CASUAL!

Have a more employee inclusive environment and help new employees become oriented to the company.

Take away the fear factor that exists there. Everyone is afraid. People afraid are giving you 100%

2. "Overall good internship experience"

Current Intern - Intern in Cambridge, MA
    Current Intern - Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at the company was super nice, happy to talk with you, and they all seemed to enjoy working for InterSystems. I've seen it mentioned in other reviews, but a good amount of people stay here for years and years- so they must really like it.

Good pay for interns.

Every intern is paired with a mentor who you can go to whenever you need help. This was incredibly helpful!

Towards the end of the internship, you seriously improve your presenting skills.

Cons

I ran out of things to do frequently over the summer.

Although nearly everyone is willing to help/friendly, I did have the poor experience of my project being under someone who didn't respond to almost any of my e-mails (they'd go MIA for months) . This led to the aforementioned lack of work. If it wasn't for the communication issues I experienced, I would've definitely given InterSystems 5 stars!