Interactive Intelligence - Best software company in Indianapolis | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence

"Best software company in Indianapolis"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- relaxed working environment (casual dress code)
- individual offices (not cubicles)
- good benefits (salaries are lower than what you could make out west, but the cost of living is also lower here as well)
- flexible hours with the ability to work from home several days a week
- free health clinic
- working with the latest and greatest technologies (not stuck on requiring some old version of IE)
- actively working on becoming more agile as an entire company

Cons

- 401K match program is a little weak and seems below average, especially for companies in the technology sector

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are currently doing and stay innovative. As the company is growing larger, don't lose the aspects of a smaller company that truly makes this a great place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Interactive Intelligence

1. "Usability Engineer"

Current Employee - Usability Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Usability Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with! They create the atmosphere.
    The work at ININ is challenging and never monotonous. After we complete a project, we usually are moved to something different. This keeps the work interesting and fun. I always have the opportunity to learn new things.
    However the best part about ININ are the managers I work with or for. If I go to my manager with a problem, he or she will listen to you. They are always understanding and I have never felt like the "employee" when talking to a manager.

Cons

I cannot really think of any "cons" to mention. I have not had a bad experience at interactive intelligence. (yet)

Advice to Management

Please keep up the work. The work hard play hard environment is a great way to show the employees that you respect the work we do.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, innovative products, great work atmosphere. Because the company is entrepreneurial and was started by software engineers, it is very innovation and technology-driven. You have the opportunity to work with very interesting and engaged people that are always willing to help you out or help you learn more about their area of expertise!

Cons

Seems that there is a tear between wanting to be entrepreneurial and fast moving, and the structured, more conservative approach that is more appropriate for a company of this size. It seems to cause a general ''unease' within the company.

Advice to Management

If possible, try and use the entrepreneurial vision in a more structured and appropriate way that is less unpredictable and make sure employees all the way down to the developers are on the 'same page' as far as where the company is headed and how they fit into that vision.