Interactive Intelligence - Fantastic place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence

"Fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quick career development for new out of college employees

Cons

Low base pay for support department.

Other Employee Reviews for Interactive Intelligence

1. "Interactive Intelligence is a company where creative individuals with a strong work ethic earn opportunities to succeed."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Initiative and hard work are rewarded.
    Environment is flexible and accommodating, yet demands performance.
    Self improvement is encouraged and supported (physical health, professional knowledge and training, etc).
    As a technically minded person, I enjoy the aspect of working with latest generation hardware and software concepts.

Cons

Those who are not self-motivated may struggle with the freedoms given.
    Those who are not at the top of their field may struggle to fit in and thrive.
    I do not consider these problems with the company... just a caution to those who are not self driven and extremely competent at what they do.

Advice to Management

I have been with the company for several years now and have appreciated the opportunities given to me, and been pleased with recognition for work above and beyond. If I had to give a criticism or caution, it would be to avoid losing the casual and fun atmosphere that has always bred an environment of creativity. Movements toward typically corporate cube farms and sterility may seem prudent financially but could have a negative impact on developer creativity/initiative and morale.

"Great environment, facilities, software, and peoiple"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities, continually growing and expanding, awesome culture, advancement based on skills and contribution versus just based on time and seniority. Flexible schedules and great management.

Cons

Not as competitive in terms of average salary in the field, expansive growth opportunities leaves some departments in search of replacements constantly. New growth is great, but can also flood the pool with inexperienced talent.