Intercity Transit - It is a satisfying and integral part of my daily life that I enjoy being a part of. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intercity Transit

"It is a satisfying and integral part of my daily life that I enjoy being a part of."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Pros

The employees at Intercity Transit are a tight knit group and many times I have heard persons in management, supervisor staff and operators refer to the employees as part of the Intercity Transit family. There is a very Dynamic open door policy with all upper level personnel responding to ideas and suggestions. Many of our employees have worked at IT for over twenty years and some have been there over thirty. With that much dedication to Intercity Transit, it must be a special place to work. It was voted #1 in the country for a reason...the employees working together as a team.

Cons

For an operator there is a high level of responsibility. The hours can be difficult and time with the family, in the early part of your career, can be limited because of schedule obligations.

Transit is an industry that is run by time and the employees of IT have definitive deadlines that cannot be manipulated. We answer to time and the public.

The public. They can be fickle and we have to be able to respond to all sorts and types of situations that can come up during anytime, any day. This includes management. Between working with the governmental bodies, cities, construction schedules and limitations, and other transit agencies it is sometimes difficult to have everything mesh as it should.

Advice to Management

The leadership does an excellent job, they already receives feed back on a regular basis with a truly operational open door policy. One thing I would like to see is each department, one at a time, be given a day that is completely geared towards them. It would be the departments decision if they want a special lunch, small event, or something that is meant for them only. Their day, their pat on the back.

Other Employee Reviews for Intercity Transit

1. "This is just my point of view."

Current Employee - Coach Operater in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Coach Operater in Olympia, WA

Pros

It appears that management looks for ways to commend workers for satisfactory or better performance. If someone calls in about a worker with a possitive comment, even if what they did is their job, the worker's picture and a discription of what they did is put in a slide show program in the workplace under the heading "Thanks to You".

Cons

The HR manager appears to try to keep an upper hand over workers in a way that seems secretive. Like he wants to remain under the raidar untill he's ready to pounce on you. Another superviser treats workers like kleenex, blame the worker, get rid of them and then the problem is gone.

Advice to Management

I agree with the thinking of most senior management personnel and I have no feedback for them, but a very few managers just seem to me to be over zealous in seeking correction/punishment for workers. They just need to lighten up.

2. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Coach Operator
    Current Employee - Coach Operator

Pros

Great people to work with..Fun job if you are a people person(99 percent are) fair wages,great Union support

Cons

Long hours,terrible driver seats(worn out from years and hours of butts)

Advice to Management

drivers need to have a place to rest on long splits..a room with a relaxing atmosohere...like who uses the exercise room? We need rested driver not over tired..unsafe..let the drivers have a dress down day once a week..tasteful of course..you have great people representing this company why not reward them?