Intercontinental Exchange - nice place to work, good incentive stock plan | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intercontinental Exchange

"nice place to work, good incentive stock plan"

Pros

good incentive stock plans and working environment

Cons

too few vacations and holidays

Advice to Management

keep growing

Other Employee Reviews for Intercontinental Exchange

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Intercontinental Exchange full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just great, and it's great.

Cons

Nothing negative. I just like the firm

Advice to Management

No advice. The management is great.

2. "Great place filled with history and speedy technology, but still entrenched bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Intercontinental Exchange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is fairly good, and the benefits in addition to that make the overall compensation fairly good for an IT job. In spite of the business being very technologically driven today, you always get this feeling of the history of the building (it’s the New York Stock Exchange!).

We don’t necessarily use cutting-edge technology, but this is an environment where stability and reliability are paramount; that said, we do embrace new tools if they actually help us solve problems.

The coffee and snack options are excellent. And having the annual holiday party in the middle of the trading floor is truly cool, even for this cynic.

Cons

Teams tend to be in highly focused silos, which creates subject matter experts (in theory), but my experience with my own manager is that I am actively discouraged from helping other teams. My manager justifies this by not wanting to overextend his staff, which already had plenty of work to do, but it still always feels disheartening.

Partly because of this, it’s also very hard for newcomers to find the right people to talk to about a given issue with our technology platforms. My first year was spent trying to figure this out on my own, but 80% of the time I still had to bother my boss.

The company strongly discourages work-from-home to the point of obnoxiousness. The irony is that MANY people I worked with, right up through upper management, quietly worked from home anyway.

I’ve found that lateral moves within the company are very difficult, except during times of upheaval (reorganization) that seem to take place every 12-18 months. And moving in those circumstances is rarely under my control.

Advice to Management

If you’re going to stick with a vision of the modern work environment that includes sterile, mind-numbing open floor plans, you had better learn to embrace work-from-home in a more honest way. You’re scaring off some good workers with your obstinacy.

Get teams talking to each other more openly, and even help each other out. We’re supposed to be one company.