Interim Physicians - Love the people, but need more organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Interim Physicians

"Love the people, but need more organization."

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

People are great. Management will listen.

Cons

Need to get with the times as far as social networking.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who come from other recruiting firms. They have great ideas to make this company successful.

Other Employee Reviews for Interim Physicians

"A Company On The Rise"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Pros at working with Interim are Management/Ownership that are always willing to listen to employees ideas and willing to make changes that benefit the business/employees.

Management and senior employees that have made a commitment to improving the company culture. Which has made Interim Physicians a great place to work with a true "Team" Environment.

-Probably one of the best (if not the best) Recruiting Team in the industry in terms of Production per Rep. A team that may not be as big as some of the Larger agencies in the industry but a team that has no weaknesses. Interim has decided to take the "quality" over "quantity" approach and the client/provider relationships have benefited from that very much so.

The QA department has some very experienced folks that have made a commitment to completing all files in a timely manner. I've had several clients tell me (without me asking) that our QA team is the absolute best in the Industry.

Sales support, QA, Travel, Accounting are all very friendly, supportive, and helpful. Very rarely do our clients/providers have a complaint about sales support.

An CEO that WANTS TO REWARD HIS SALES TEAM FINANCIALLY. THE MORE HE PAYS YOU THE HAPPIER HE IS!!!! That cannot be said for some employers where they view the top performers as "making too much money". The CEO sets high standards for the Reps because:
    A) He believes in everyone he hires
    B) He wants to see them succeed both financially and personally. Several Top Earners that are making well over 6 figures, some of which have been here for 3 years or less....

Management has made a concerted effort to weed out those folks that aren't team players and aren't good for the company culture. In turn, Interim Physicians has become a much much more enjoyable place to work over the past few years. Ask any senior employee who has been here, they will tell you the TRUTH!

Cons

Cons may be more aimed toward the industry and not so much Interim. It is a very fast pace, self-motivating industry. And while Interim provides you with the tools you need for success, success must still be EARNED. So if you are looking for a place of employment to clock in, clock out, and do what is minimally required to obtain a paycheck, this may not be the best environment for you. Our team is driven, our team is competitive, and our team takes this job very seriously. Employees are treated with respect but as adults, and expected to go above and beyond in order to appease our clients/providers. It's a very personal business, so a laissez-faire attitude probably won't mesh well with the current environment.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path that we've been on for the past few years. Do not listen or take to heart the words of a disgruntled employee who is trying to deflect the blame from his/herself....It's been my experience that these employees have done the same at former and future employers.

Continue to focus on Company Culture, it's made Interim Physicians a GREAT place to come to work everyday.

Please continue to listen to employees ideas, and take their advice into consideration.
    Make sure to always lean on the senior people who have an obvious commitment to making Interim Physicians their CAREER and not just another job.

Praise your employees when they do something good. It's never enough :) People love the KUDOS, keep them coming.

Please keep us on the path that we are on, which is year over year growth/success.
    I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT INTERIM PHYSICIANS IS A PLACE THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND TO COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS.

"the Company of the 1%"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Contracts with numerous major players in the locums industry
    Accounting is meticulous-quick to correct mistakes if/as they occur
    If the CEO determines you are to make it into the 1%, you'll make $400k per year (unfortunately that is currently restricted to 1 sales person)

Cons

1.Combative, condescending, & verbally abusive CEO
    2.High turnover exceeding 70%
    3.Culture of dog-eat-dog that seems to only benefit the 1% club (equaling 1 account manager, his wife, & a couple others who will say/do anything they need to keep the CEO happy)
    4.Complete absence of training programs to help both new and existing employees
    5.Lack of HR has resulted in a company culture where employees openly boast they could do what they wanted (translation: one employee was fired because she revealed she was pregnant, another employee openly drank beer and vodka on the job and was drunk by noon yet continued to have a job despite repeated complaints, CEO openly refers to his recruiters (who are mostly female) as his "hens", QA is not held accountable for delays in credentialing and complaints and evidence pointing this out are put back on the AM/Recruiter for not 'playing well in the sandbox', & much-much-more)
    6. The total lack of organization has meant that sales ricochets from specialty to specialty without any cohesive strategy to grow. Teams are created to drive focus, and then just as quickly dissolved to turn the entire company into a free-for-all with recruiters and AMs alike working all specialties in all geographies.
    7. The company is losing considerable ground to the competition. In the past 3 years, they have literally gone from the #8 largest locum company, to the #12th according to the most recent Staffing Industry analysis.
    8. Lack of integrity. A culture of disrespect, condescension, & favoritism make it impossible for new-comers to see success, or even tenured people outside of the Dallas office, to grow professionally or make more money.

Advice to Management

Start with hiring an HR manager and task him/her with rebooting the corporate culture-from top to bottom. End the nepotism and stop handing all the business to one AM in Dallas. Initiate training programs to help new and existing employees succeed. Equal opportunity for equal work is not just a catch phrase-it is a recipe for success. Increase PTO and insurance benefits (they are among the worst out there) to make coming to work for Interim more attractive. Divide the recruiters/AMs into teams focused on specialties-there is a reason every other major company out there does this. Invest in lead generation. Make your QA department accountable for credentialing delays. If one of the largest locum users in the country notifies you that your company is THE slowest in turnaround and worst at communication, that means something.

Finally, stop viewing the company through a lens of misogynistic delusion. Interim has systemic, deep-rooted dysfunctional-ism that will not be corrected in a day. If you are serious at growing your company, much less making it a place where your employees actually enjoy coming to work-the change must start with you.

Interim Physicians Response

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience with the company; I wish that hadn’t been the case. However, regarding some of your statements, I’d like ... More