Intermountain Healthcare - Life at IHC | Glassdoor

"Life at IHC"

Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It has very high job security. I feel comfident that I wil be retaining my job for as long as I'm able to do the work.

I enjoy the atmosphere of a hospital and variety of people met.

Cons

Because of the high job security, some individuals with toxic personalities are allowed to remain longer than they may have in another company.

Advice to Management

It's not always the one who's being complained about who's the problem, and while it's said that going to HR with an issue is confidential, I've not encountered any time when it didn't eventually become known.
There needs to be a system where complaints can be submitted and recorded without the need to take action until a time, of their choosing, when enough information can be accumilated. Once action is started, the reporting person is ALWAYS brought to light. Some cases need immediate action while others are accumulative 'minor' issues (non-contact bullying, undermining anothers work, slander to coworkers, etc.) that may go away with time, but the documentation is good to have, rather than having a person come in after years with a list of undocumented incidents and be asked why they weren't reported earlier. Some feel reporting ongoing non-immediate infractions will only stir up more recrimination because unless it IS an issue that needs immediate action that terminates employment, that offending person will have been repremanded but is still there to great problems that are usually worse than the ones reported and the reporting party is now regretting ever walking into HR for assistance.
Sorry, hope that wasn't considered a rant. Just a personal observation.

Other Employee Reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

"Great experience. Loved working with people who were competent and dedicated to their jobs."

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Provo, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance and benefits. Good mission and cause.

Cons

Pay can tend to be on the lower end of market rates.

Advice to Management

Remember that sometimes employees think you don't care about them. It is important for them to see you in their world and get to know you.

2. "Great place to work, family friendly, work friendly, life friendly."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time

Pros

Here at Intermountain, they care about how you are doing as a person not just as an employee. Great benefits. Great career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Great talented employees shouldn't have to wait 6 months to apply for other jobs.

Advice to Management

No advice, company is great!!!