KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Great company

Sep 12, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, leadership, and fair pay

Cons

Large company with restructuring happening often

1 person found this review helpful

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience working at Intermountain.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A really good place to work

Mar 22, 2022 - Software Engineer in West Valley City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was fantastic. They really cared about there teams. Co workers were incredibly helpful and cooperative in a team environment. Engineers were highly proficient in there skillset. Yet they did not look down on there peers but looked at each other as equals. The work environment is as good as it gets.

Cons

I honestly can't come up with any cons. It was a very pleasant experience from which I also learned a lot.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice Place to Work, but Incompentent Upper Management. This is for Peaks region only

Aug 11, 2022 - Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Extremely flexible work environment. Your direct manager will determine everything from what your workload will be, to the team culture, to how flexible your workday is. I can pretty much do whatever I want if I get my work done and don’t have a meeting, and that’s probably the most common situation in IT. - not abusive. Idk maybe it’s weird that I expect my bosses to be abusive psychopaths, but these people aren’t. I have serious qualms about their strategic management, but on a day to day basis, my coworkers, my managers, and upper management are all supportive, solution oriented, and genuine. I can’t tell you how big of a difference this has made in my life. That said, there are definitely abusive managers out there, and if you get one, there’s nothing to restrain their behavior. Again, be careful on that if interviewing.

Cons

- Upper management is pretty incompetent. They regularly rename, retask, and rehouse teams in ways that hinder work, they frequently make promises they don’t intend on keeping, and start initiatives they don’t intend on finishing. Do not listen to anything a manager higher than your direct one says. - raises have so far not even remotely kept up with expectations, which is single-handedly causing an exodus from their IT division. In terms of what seriously determines my experience here, it’s all good with the exception of pay, which will probably eventually push me out when I would otherwise make a career here permanently.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Intermountain Healthcare.

Intermountain Healthcare Photos

+ Add Photo
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: LDS hospital
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Nurse
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Intermountain Medical Center
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: First COVID-19 vaccines administered.
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Budge Clinic
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Life Flight