Internal Data Resources - Great Training for new recruiters but it's not worth the hours | Glassdoor

"Great Training for new recruiters but it's not worth the hours"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training program - they will teach you the fundamentals of recruiting and the staffing business. Good compensation plan. Once you get your spread up it pays out nice. However to get to that level you are probably working the hours of two jobs anyways.

Cons

LONG HOURS -- I normally put 60+ hours per week. They will ask you to come in and work on the weekends and although it's not required you will feel guilty on not being a "team player" if you don't make yourself available 24/7. Production - Even if you are a top performer they will always want more and more... even if you are killing yourself to do it. They are dead set on metrics and micromanaging and will not consider any other way. Work life/balance - there isn't any. You will spend all your hours at the office. They "support" you but at the end of the day you are expected to drop everything for them no matter the hour. If you notice the majority of the employees don't have kids or are married... Benefits - no 401k matching. ESOP plan is a joke because you have to make it 3 years to be vested... look around hardly anyone makes it past 3 years AND it realistically will be a while before anyone would be open to buying IDR. High turnover- due to the long hours and only hiring entry recruiters there is constant turnover so the account managers are responsible for training up new employees while continuing to bring in new business Micromanagement- I understand training but the micromanagement was crazy! I understand if you are just learning but if you are proven top performer - you don't need micromanagement or someone breathing down your neck. Results speak for themselves - if you are making the company a lot of money they should trust your work ethic and integrity.

Internal Data Resources2015-06-30
  1. "Working at IDR"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the culture are top notch. Truly feels like a family and makes the hard work worth it. The company really cares about your professional growth and we are constantly being recognized and rewarded for our your success and your hard work.

Cons

Staffing is not an easy industry by any means. You will have to put in long hours and sometimes deal with things that are completely out of your control. I also wished they offered some work from home days like other companies do because our job can 100% be done remotely. They also have no sick days (have to use vacation days) which sucks when you're new and barely have PTO to begin with.

Internal Data Resources2020-02-05

Internal Data Resources Response

February 12, 2020IT Vendor

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the feedback and will take these things into consideration.

Continue reading
  2. "Good company with potential to be great!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with like minded coworkers and lots of fun social events. Employee owned company. I receive decent amounts of personal feedback through one on ones and a few weeks of training.

Cons

At IDR, I feel as though I am replaceable. If I don’t “get it” within 6 months, I will be let go. They treat everyone as replaceable and don’t invest in everyone personally.

Internal Data Resources2020-02-18

Discover more reviews about Internal Data Resources.