International Association of Women - MASS FIRING TAKING PLACE 9/27-9/28 2017 | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"MASS FIRING TAKING PLACE 9/27-9/28 2017"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Remote, OR
Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Remote, OR

I worked at International Association of Women full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing,there's no job security.They just fired 25 plus including management level employee's.

Cons

You will be selling memberships sight unseen and unverifiable to gullible women willing to hand over their credit cards for a membership they have no real understanding of. Long drawn out sales script with high pressure selling tactics,preying off ego's. Employee's are constantly in fear of losing their jobs and with good cause.

Advice to Management

Busted.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Membership Coordinator employee"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Albany, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful legitimate opportunity to work from home. Company benefits after probationary period and sick and personal time right away.They will provide you with a brand new company laptop and headset. User friendly CRM system. Awesome support from trainers.Weekly salary plus commission.The member benefits are outstanding and any one who is a serious business owner or wants to be can find amazing,top notch resources for networking,continuing education,etc.I can actually stand behind what I am selling here and that is very important to me.

Cons

I can't find any cons here and I did look very carefully.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

2. "Recruiting process is horrendous"

I worked at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

None! I do not know why anyone would work there

Cons

These people just can't take no for an answer! If you are to work at this company you need to know the way they recruit members is what I would call insulting and what a sells person would call amazing! They go on a information hunt for about 20 minutes, they will value ANYTHING you say, the person on the other side is extremely well-spoken and make you feel super valued. And then you start feeling the closing speech approaching and they mention the different membership options available which really are stupid! It starts at $799 and then $999. Then you say: that's not so affordable. And she goes: well do we have this other option which still give you great benefits but you have to pay $49 to participate to any event... I mean, really?! What's all this about! Just be straight forward! Anyways pure scam!

Advice to Management

change your recruitment policy, pressuring potential customers has never been a good tactics and if your current members went through the same process and ended up giving their credit card detail over the phone to be signed up after a 30min sales pitch, then I'm not interested in networking with them!

Discover more reviews about International Association of Women.