International Crisis Group - View from the bottom | Glassdoor

"View from the bottom"

I have been working at International Crisis Group as an intern

Pros

You'll mostly meet fantastic people who are smart, professional and can teach you a lot about the real world of international affairs. If you work in an office with a relatively flat hierarchy, as I did, there are invaluable opportunities to contribute research and writing.

Cons

Interns earn a tiny stipend. I was lucky enough to be able to work for free for a few months but this isn't something everyone can afford to do.

Few opportunities to move into full time positions. The organization is 20 percent interns from what I understand.

Small office means atmosphere and style is dominated by the head of the office (can be good or bad depending on their working style and personality, just FYI.)

Other Employee Reviews for International Crisis Group

1. "Poor Leadership"

I have been working at International Crisis Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience; contributing to meaningful work

Cons

Leadership is resistant to change, lack of teamwork, low pay, poor organizational strategy

2. "If you want to work for an organization doing great work in the area of conflict resolution, this is the place for you."

I have been working at International Crisis Group as an intern

Pros

International Crisis Group is a great place to learn new skills. There are lots of opportunities to network and attend events related to international affairs. There are plenty of opportunity to learn if you are willing. You have the opportunity to work with people who are passionate about they do.

Cons

The workload is hit or miss. You either have nothing to do or staying late to finish all the work you were assigned.