International Paper - Maintenance Technician | Glassdoor

"Maintenance Technician"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Aurora, IL

I worked at International Paper full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have good benefits and every quarter, they have a production meeting. Offer good food, and raffles for some pretty good prizes. People get recognition.

Cons

Ah, where to start... They have the pay scale posted in the break room. They have new hire pay, 6 months, 12 months and 18 months. After Working by myself on second shift, I have a great review. I asked my supervisor if I would be getting a raise and was told, "I don't see why not". After waiting a few weeks, I was told "no, they want to see more." I asked what I need to do to receive a raise, again it was "more". They could not give me any detail. I asked what area I need to improve and again I was told that they want to see more. They did not say that anything was wrong, they just wanted to see if I would keep up with what I had been doing. Same thing happened on my 12 month review. When I asked why I wouldn't make more than starting pay for being there for 12 months, I was told that there were people there for 10 years still making starting pay! I asked them why they had the raises put on a calendar system and I was told that they had to put something down! I left them with only a 2 day notice. Do you self a favor and don't work there.

International Paper2015-09-22
  1. "Packer"

Former Employee - Packer in Kenton, OH

I worked at International Paper full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working conditions bonuses catered dinners for holidays Christmas bounus etc.

Cons

12 hour shifts sometimes can be extremely humid in the summer months

Continue reading
    International Paper2020-02-14
  2. "Internship"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Memphis, TN

I worked at International Paper for less than a year

Pros

Resources, events, and work environment

Cons

Not much development, only maintance

International Paper2020-02-21

Discover more reviews about International Paper.