Interstate Hotels - An ok company | Glassdoor

"An ok company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interstate is the largest hotel management company in the world...you always have opportunities (although most are lateral moves)!

Cons

Management does not seem to be consistent for each hotel...the culture of the hotel is really dependent on which ownership group management is reporting to. Most of my co-workers, including myself, do not have a work-life balance and are not appreciated for the work they do. Teams are always understaffed and management thinks we can do more with less people in order to make ownership more money.

Advice to Management

Spend more money on talent, training and recognition....it will go a long way for employee satisfaction AND hotel service.

Other Employee Reviews for Interstate Hotels

1. "Great experience."

Former Employee - IT Business Lead in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - IT Business Lead in Arlington, VA

I worked at Interstate Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance was great. Management team was lenient and understanding. Learned a lot. Got to work with a bunch of different things and everyday was pretty much never the same. Great for a first job experience in learning, but may/can spoil you and think this is the norm in every company environment. The colleagues are very friendly and the working environment was great.

Cons

Responsibilities and work kept increasing, while compensation never did and was way below the average. Even though management was lenient and understanding, they did not know when to basically "put the foot down" and make decisions. Also, management would ask employees what they think of one thing, but then do the complete opposite, basically trying to show they care what employees think, but not really listen.

Advice to Management

It seemed like the company does not try hard to retain its employees. The company rather hire someone new and not even try to retain and value what they have.

2. "Not just repulsive....BREATHTAKINGLY REPULSIVE!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Captiva, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Captiva, FL

I worked at Interstate Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get a paycheck for the work that you do. But it is not enough to make up for the way you are treated.

Cons

The management is quite possible the worst I have seen anywhere. I am not quite sure how these people ever advanced to their current positions.

Advice to Management

Actually caring about someone other than yourselves might go a long way.