Interval International - As happy here as anywhere else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Interval International

"As happy here as anywhere else"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL

Pros

cross training; synergy; fun work environment

Cons

No longer has matching 401k :-(

Advice to Management

Bring back the matching 401k and the annual raises. The job market will only stay soft for so long.

Other Employee Reviews for Interval International

1. "Horrible company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Non-existent HR department - total lack of discipline at every level.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like human beings rather then "your lucky to have a job" mentality.

"Good people, good experience, not somewhere I would want to stay for the rest of my life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Interval International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow members of staff were great, senior management although sometimes aloof as to what was taking place on the sales floor were good when they were presented with any pressing issues. Good benefits in terms of accommodation, all within reason though, one could not expect to get free accommodation at the most popular destinations at the busiest time of the year. Was given the opportunity to further progress my career in travel which I am grateful for.

Cons

Basic pay was not good for the amount of work that was done - commission structures were regularly changed if it became apparent that the company would have to pay more than they wanted to. Worked at the company for nearly 6 years and towards the end of my time at the company when they were relocating the offices there was a deliberate attempt on the company's part to push employees out of the company to avoid paying redundancy. In total made nearly 100 members of staff redundant a month prior to Christmas which was not good considering their timing and one had the feeling that they did this to ensure that they had to pay out as little as possible. Some people left sooner in order to make sure they had a secure job over the festive period ( we were given a 90 day notice period which was required by law ). Some people had worked there for nearly 25 years and they were cast aside quite happily with the bare minimum compensation which is something that does not happen often at large companies in the UK.

Advice to Management

There could sometimes be a lack of direction from the senior management and whilst I am not a fan of too much of an informal working environment it was up and down like a yo yo so much you never really knew what to expect. Also had the impression that some of the HR punishment was excessive to say the least and a blind eye was turned to staff who were friendly with the management.