Intrado - Working conditions: From bad to worse. Rebranding again. Status: Hot Mess. | Glassdoor

"Working conditions: From bad to worse. Rebranding again. Status: Hot Mess."

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It’s a good place to begin, learn the industry and move on. The individual teams can be wonderful to work on. In the case of long time employees like myself, they are the reason I remain. Many teams allow full time work from home. It’s a benefit that is hard to accurately quantify.

Cons

Top down management initiative and policy plans that sound good in the board room but often fail on execution because little input is ever solicited from the frontline. Company is currently under the control of a private equity firm, so the only focus is creating value for the purpose of resale. There isn’t even a defined attempt to improve working conditions or for that matter customer experience. Company has... chosen to tie itself to one partner to the detriment of its own native products. Rather than invest on what are (or could be) superior products. We have become lackeys to a marker behemoth and are clearly not in a power position in that relationship. Management is disconnected from employees and is at times duplicitous, disingenuous and lacks accountability . They don’t seem to trust that employees can handle the truth behind decisions made, and they lack the guts to own those decision outright. This leaves employees with no confidence in the leadership and little trust. The company is undergoing yet another re-brand not 5 years removed from the last one, where its holdings were consolidated under the parent company name. We are now taking on the name of a former holding. #confusing #nowords Employees are severely underpaid and undervalued , especially those working in major urban areas. To add insult to injury, employees are expected to do more with fewer resources. Turnover in sales is high, and there doesn’t appear to be any process in place for clean account handoffs between exiting and entering sales personnel. This affects both the sales team and any teams supporting sales.

Advice to Management

Trust that employees can handle flight news. Own your decisions and don’t try to deflect. Pay your employees what their market value. I’m anywhere from 35% - 55% under what similarly situated candidates at other companies are paid. Instead of telling us how important we are, show us by showing us the money. Even the most dedicated employee will eventually leave if they feel undervalued and compensation is a big... part of that. Pick a brand and stick with it. Invest in your native products. It’s frustrating to be at the whims of not only our customers (to be expected) but also those of certain partners. Adding value to the company is a fine goal. We all want to strive for that, but doing so at the expense of employee and customer satisfaction is a decision that will eventually come back to haunt you. Try and make this somewhere where people want to stay. Not someplace where people bide their time until they find something better. Morale is exceptionally low.

Intrado2019-07-08
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Conferencing Agent in West Point, GA

I have been working at Intrado part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the working from home. I choose when I want to work and for how long.

Cons

Sometimes the hours offered are very low.

Advice to Management

Make sure communication is spot on in ever department.

Intrado2019-07-23
  2. "Endless possibilities"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Islandia, NY

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

In my time at West/Intrado, I have experienced a lot of change. We are on a journey and evolving as an organization. What shouldn’t be missed are the real opportunities to put your personal stamp on our products and services, how we get work done, and our relationships with customers. This is absolutely the right place for prospective team members interested in rolling up their sleeves and digging in. The... possibilities are endless. Competitive pay and benefits. Renewed focus on professional development at all levels.

Cons

In a dynamic and rapidly changing environment like ours, it can sometimes feel like it’s hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as transparent as possible and tie the changes happening back to where we’re headed in our journey. As leaders we can always more effectively explain how the pieces fit together.

Intrado2019-09-11

Discover more reviews about Intrado.