Intrado - Where else can you get hired with no education or experience for 10.50 a hour? | Glassdoor
  1. "Where else can you get hired with no education or experience for 10.50 a hour?"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Niles, OH

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay and gets better after 90 days. Constantly build UTO for hours worked. If you want to work 60+ hours a week for the most part you can. You can get hired with no work experience per say and no education or specialized skills required.

Cons

Training program for technical associate (inbound calls) was infantile. Consisting of coloring pictures and posters, playing games and talking about your feelings. Performance is based really on two things. Customers rating their feelings of your client company, and how well you stick to your schedule. No real recognition except for the allowance of wearing shorts on occasion and a balloon. Management was... very disorganized and rivalry of a bad sort made their support quite useless because it was never there. Weekly meetings with your team where a senior manager scolds you for costing the business money by not being good enough but really there isn't much you can do to change customer perception. No annual raises No advancement or initial job placement for previous experience or education. Everyone must start at the bottom and work through the internal systems metrics of "how good are you" So if you have a degree of any sort or any impressive experience including a platinum resume it won't come into play. I brought my resume to my first interview and they essentially threw it away. You cannot request time off it doesn't matter if it is your wedding, kids birthday, family vacation or any life event aside from a funeral (blood relation only) . You have to either use UTO or PTO or post your hours. If you have no UTO which builds at the rate of about 2 hours per 2 week period or PTO which comes once a year and then nobody picks up your hours you will be forced to call off. It is very difficult to get a schedule change and most people hired in will work a range of 1pm-1am. You will not get Saturday and Sunday both off if either at all. Last but not least during peak periods mandatory overtime will be added to your schedule and very little allowance is made for employees personal lives.

Advice to Management

Promote or hire in managers with experience "managing" just because John Doe is great on a phone call doesn't mean he knows a thing about management. Don't gather employees in a meeting to complain that the clients company customer perception is slipping based on their own errors and not that of the team, especially don't talk down to them. And don't send out mass messages about how it is everyone's... responsibility to pick up more hours because the client needs it. The subtext of that is the client is more important then us. And really, they only want that because they pay West less then they pay internally.

Intrado2013-08-29
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Conferencing Agent in West Point, GA

I have been working at Intrado part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the working from home. I choose when I want to work and for how long.

Cons

Sometimes the hours offered are very low.

Advice to Management

Make sure communication is spot on in ever department.

Intrado2019-07-23
  2. "I just recently started working for Intrado!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Islandia, NY

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely welcoming and friendly environment, great on-boarding experience, helpful transition!

Cons

Do not have anything negative to say!

Intrado2019-10-10

Discover more reviews about Intrado.