Intrepid Travel - Amazing Company | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time

Pros

Great Perks, including free travel!

Cons

Disorganized Management, location is a drag

Intrepid Travel2017-03-07

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Excellent Company leading the way in the travel industry"

Former Employee - Private Groups Coordinator in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I loved working at Intrepid Travel and being a part of the Intrepid Group. I stared with the company as a tour leader and eventually ended up in Custom Groups Sales. The passion everyone has in the company is amazing and their commitment to Responsible Travel is excellent. The people I worked with across all continents were amazing and Intrepid just has some of the best people ever!

Cons

Limited growth opportunities if you do not reside in the UK or Australia. The company is changing this slowly but the closure of their USA office means it will be difficult for US residents to progress with the company.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep up the good work! Intrepid Group is an amazing company delivering an awesome product, and doing amazing things in the travel world.

Intrepid Travel2018-12-10
    2. "Travel with them, don't work for them"

Former Employee - Adventure Consultant (Sales) in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- High energy, passionate co-workers - Travel Benefits - The Intrepid Foundation does a lot of good in the world - New North American regional director gives me hope that some of the cons below will be improved upon

Cons

- Very little room for growth in the company if you aren't in Melbourne office. Even those willing to move to another continent will move laterally in their career (at least those in sales roles) - Extremely high stress. My last few months in the US office (which is now closed) saw all of us clocking about two hours of overtime per night and still not hitting the extremely high sales targets - High-level growth is prioritized...

Advice to Management

- Take constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow - It's great to have friends at work, but please work to make sure that clique membership is not a requirement for professional opportunities to grow int he company - Sales teams work their butts off for very low pay, please recognize them for the work they do - Intrepid got skilled staff for not being a call center, you'll keep those staff by not becoming one

Intrepid Travel2019-01-28

Discover more reviews about Intrepid Travel.