Intuit - Still a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Still a great place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in New York, NY
Former Employee - Technical Lead in New York, NY

Pros

The company culture actively solicits and requires managers to respond to employee feedback. It's nice to work for a company that cares. Benefits are great, and includes paid time-off for charity work, they do matching donations, adoption assistance, gym access or fitness reimbursements, etc. I realize not everyone uses all these, but it does promote more than just a one-dimensional work-work-work culture.

Cons

This may not apply to all divisions, but opportunities for true advancement were limited in many areas.

Advice to Management

I think most of the products have "evolved" as much as they can -- it's time for a big idea and time to make a big leap to stay ahead of the competition and pull in new customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "I guess all good things are bound do be taken away at some point."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Plano, TX

Pros

I came into the company when it was still owned by the private owners beforehand, so I feel that I get paid well, but the new guys coming in get literally half what I do. There's no way I'd put up with half the crap they dish out if I wasn't paid so well. The benefits are great, and the people on your level are great, but management just doesn't care.

Cons

Management. It's not about the employees as much as it used to be. I totally understand that it has to be about the customers. Without customers, there's no company. Also, I agree with the shareholders statement. But now it feels like a 45/45/10 split with 10 being the employees. This is totally from a support perspective. I've heard good things, and had good experiences when working with other departments, but there's no opportunity to go there.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the way things were done is the best way to keep it. Both from a customer perspective, and a phone agent perspective.

"Great frontline employees, incompetent leadership."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Compensation & benefits, work-life balance, employees

Cons

Outdated technology, incompetent leadership, very top-heavy management

Advice to Management

Stop obsessing about Apple and Google and focus on delivering great products on the web. Stop trying to create massive "shared frameworks" and focus on quick releases and rapid iterations. Get rid of at least 50% of product managers. Hire fewer, more technical product managers instead of consultants who know nothing about the software industry.