Intuit - Awesome place to intern at but wouldn't come back for full-time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Awesome place to intern at but wouldn't come back for full-time"

Former Intern - Product Development in Mountain View, CA
Former Intern - Product Development in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot from Intuit working with my mentors and peers. They give a lot of perks and are great including: laptops (while working there), housing (really nice), good pay and campus and they really help you succeed at Intuit. My mentor was very helpful when I needed it and the full time employees were genuinely curious about the interns and would go out their way to learn more about you.

Cons

The company is slow and a little boring. This could be because I am a college student, but people tend to take a lot of time doing tasks and the office wasn't very alive.

This may have occurred only for me, but while I was working there was a management shakeup and my boss changed. This resulted in me not having any work for a week or two.

Advice to Management

When you shake up management make sure all the loose ends of a manager are tied up before moving them.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "One of the most innovative and buttoned up companies I have worked for"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

strong values based leadership
    codified expectations about leadership, mentorship, mindsets and True North
    incredibly open culture focused on rapid learning by experimentation
    obsessively customer and net promoter driven in its products efforts

Cons

most of the company's expertise and success is US only

Advice to Management

time to bring in global leaders who are hard core products people, who will commit the organization to disrupt stale markets.

"You own your career at Intuit, so keep your eyes open and steer carefully"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From my experience, Intuit really lives its values. Great drive throughout the company to innovate and move quickly, making it a fun and energizing place to work. I work remotely, and Intuit is very supportive of that for many positions. (About 10% of Intuit employees are remote.) There are many offerings and opportunities for personal and career development. It's easy to reach across business units to engage with people. Great annual and quarterly meetings where lots of information is passed down to all employees.

Cons

(This is't really a "con," but something to be aware of.)
    Intuit wants to keep growing and focus on profitable aspects of its business (this is a good thing.) They try to acquire a few companies each year, and the process of bringing Intuit's corporate culture to those acquisitions isn't always smooth or successful. Intuit will suddenly sell parts of the business that didn't work out (for one reason or another) or that aren't fully in line with where Intuit wants to go. For example, they bought Homestead in 2007 and then sold that business in 2012. These are generally good business decisions, but if you're part of that piece of the business, you could suddenly find yourself working for some other company besides Intuit.
    My advice is to keep your eyes and ears open about where the company is focused (it's not hard to tell) and seek out roles in those areas. After an acquisition was merged with my business unit, my role changed and I was under-utilized for a while. I had to seek out a new position because the old one wasn't challenging anymore, even though my title remained the same.