Intuit - Mixed Bag | Glassdoor

"Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Good feeling in helping to build and distribute products that help customers manage their finances, both consumers and small businesses.

Cons

Used to be a focus on the customer, as a way to build the best products that customers would be happy to use and pay for. Now, the 'double digit growth' mantra from a leadership team that has been furiously making changes without regard to what the brand stands for and without a vision for what it will become. (Change without leadership and direction.)

Advice to Management

Figure it out, then move forward. You've cashed in 'it's the people', for both customers and employees. That used to be Intuit's strength.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "Not the great place to work like it used to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

* competitve compensation
    * great talented people
    * flexibility - good work/life balance
    * great challenging opportunities within my role

Cons

* recent senior leadership changes have made the enviornment very chaotic and stressful
    * last re-org while goal made sense, execution did not and was poorly done
    * used to be a place where women management was supported, and valued not anymore
    * lack of clear strategy and direction
    * poor communication from leaders to employees

Advice to Management

Employees need to perceived that they are valued by their leaders. Take a closer look at the leaders on your management staff and make sure they are actually leading.

2. "A culture that cares about people and can still make difficult changes for the future"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Mountain View, CA

Pros

A culture of respect, innovation, constructive debate, and leadership development. Great integrity and values. People want to do the right things and create great experiences for customers.

Cons

Like all companies, the economy has forced the company to balance some difficult, often unpleasant choices. When we don't grow like we thought, our cost base in people and pay is out of synch with our expected margins, and we have to cut while trying to invest in the right directions for the future. Tough to do, despite the compassion and people focus. We also spend too much time talking about concepts of innovation rather than getting things done and testing a lot of ideas quickly. We also take too long to make important decisions because lines of authority are often unclear, and we don't have a culture of letting others make decisions that impact our work - we want to have a say on everything, which does not work in a large, complex organization.

Advice to Management

More open and visible communication about what really is going on in the way it is experienced by our employees. It's great to talk about growth and innovation, but when all you see is layoffs and disappointment, the dissonance is confusing and hurtful. Build back more trust with less happy crap and more reality.