Intuit - I worked on a great team and learned a lot. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"I worked on a great team and learned a lot."

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a good program for interns set up. I worked very closely with one of the other full time engineers and benefited greatly from his experience as well as others on the team.

Cons

Definitely a large company. I missed out on some of the small company benefits I had grown accustomed to at previous internships like catered lunches.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "Call center and tech support for 6.5 years"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people and great corporate culture.

Cons

Shift bid in my department means shift could change twice a year based on performance.

"Serious about retaining the right employees"

Current Employee - Leader In Sales Management in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Leader In Sales Management in Remote, OR

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a competitive environment to work but rewarding for exceptional players. Being in the IFS division was hard but eventually we were able to get access to many of the cultural things all of Intuit has. The real benefit is to be in TAX or Small Business. And to work in an office. Benefits are amazing, pay is fair to better than industry, people really do care. Leadership training is really top notch and if you are selected for programs like Fast Path - amazing.

Cons

If you get into leadership you are expected to do your own motivation and work. If you get into trouble you are on your own. Your brand gets locked in quickly and you have to work hard to regain lost ground. Momentum is important - if you can't get it going you are going to end up stuck and often out the door. Also - it is hard to go places without an MBA or degree from the top schools - like a fraternity.

Advice to Management

Watch out for leaders that play favorites. HR can be overwhelming and often one sided - protecting the company more than individual leaders. It often felt like people were supporting me but then again, setting themselves up "just in case" - just felt hypocritical at times. In the end I'll look back on this as a great learning experience but the pressure and tension of "being a good leader and protecting my brand" were often unbearable.