Intuit - Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a good amount and got to see into processes that have taught me a lot. I like the dynamic of work where they don't mind when you come in and leave or if you need to work from home. Great mix of an older crowd and they hire really great and excited people to do work.

Cons

I was an intern and made a mistake and they decided to deal with it in a manner that taught me absolutely nothing and took away privileges that no one agreed with. Coworkers, recruiters, and others disagreed with the decisions made by one high level manager. I felt that my learning experiences were of my own accord by putting forth effort and insisting that I be taught something or given work to do that was meaningful instead of busy work from a busy manager. Furthermore, the work-life balance doesn't exist. They insist on not working over time but don't even realize their employees are working well into the night and very early mornings. I can't clock overtime even if I am here longer than 8 hours/day.

Advice to Management

Treat your interns with respect and don't just take away privileges because you don't know how else to go about the situation. Ask your team for advice and approach the issue with open eyes instead of a closed mind. Also, outline the exact projects your interns will be working on and make sure they're not wasting their time and your money.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

"Great company with superb leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit believes that happy employees lead to happy customers who will recommend products. Some of the fabulous employee perks include an annual holiday party, a yearly fitness incentive, and fun employee events. The business is run well, with a laser focus on business outcomes, which drives decisions about what work is necessary and what skills are needed to do that work.

Cons

Intuit regularly performs layoffs, often targeting an entire role across the company, a department, or even an entire business unit. Severance payments are probably above average and they offer outplacement services. But I think the odds of being part of a layoff are quite high over a 5-year employment period.

2. "Overall, pleasant stint with Intuit for the time it lasted."

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They put people first ALL THE TIME. One way you can tell is the benefits package is top notch. No second rate coworkers here either. Everyone is top notch and wants to win as a team. From the top down to the bottom up, stellar teamwork is the key in this organization.

Cons

There can be a few too many discussions that lead to no actions, or discussions that lead to actions that everyone thinks everyone else is doing so some things may be left out.

Advice to Management

Make good decisions and make them fast. Hire good managers, not just the best of who is available.