Intuit - Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Good experience but higher ups are plagued with antiquated corporate decisions making skills"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a good amount and got to see into processes that have taught me a lot. I like the dynamic of work where they don't mind when you come in and leave or if you need to work from home. Great mix of an older crowd and they hire really great and excited people to do work.

Cons

I was an intern and made a mistake and they decided to deal with it in a manner that taught me absolutely nothing and took away privileges that no one agreed with. Coworkers, recruiters, and others disagreed with the decisions made by one high level manager. I felt that my learning experiences were of my own accord by putting forth effort and insisting that I be taught something or given work to do that was meaningful instead of busy work from a busy manager. Furthermore, the work-life balance doesn't exist. They insist on not working over time but don't even realize their employees are working well into the night and very early mornings. I can't clock overtime even if I am here longer than 8 hours/day.

Advice to Management

Treat your interns with respect and don't just take away privileges because you don't know how else to go about the situation. Ask your team for advice and approach the issue with open eyes instead of a closed mind. Also, outline the exact projects your interns will be working on and make sure they're not wasting their time and your money.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

"Intuit is a great company to work with providing professional technologies and services from the great engineers"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer In QA in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer In QA in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People respect to each other. Good benefit.People working here are mostly happy with the policies, environments.

Cons

The pay rate is not quite competitive

2. "Great Place to Work - Really"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lives up to the core values. Positive environment. Good work/life balance. Management is friendly, approachable and actually cares about the employees. Excellent benefits (insurance, stock, etc). Lot's of perks.

Cons

No possibility for growth in sales. Because Intuit is such a great place to work, people rarely leave. Which leaves little chance to move up to management. All sales teams are lateral moves. So, nowhere to go internally. Pay is great for a younger person (20's). But, compensation is effectively capped due to budgeting. So, if you are truly a top performer, you will become frustrated and won't last long. Plenty of other places where you can make alot more money.

Advice to Management

Management used to be very reactive. This is being resolved. Would like to see select people given the opportunity to train for management. Also, need a much larger field sales presence. Losing in this area.