Intuit - I like working for Intuit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"I like working for Intuit"

Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Work life balance. Undergoing a lot of changes. Exciting time to be part of the journey

Cons

too many old legacy products that prohibits innovation

Advice to Management

Please hire more creative people to make our products better

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

"If you're into great work life balance, look no further. But if you want to be inspired at work, look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

For people with families, Intuit is a pretty good place to work as it's very much a 9-5 type of culture. In addition to the work life balance, compensation is decent and benefits are excellent. For the most part, the people are pretty nice too.

Cons

Where do I even begin?

For context, I worked in the marketing organization of the Small Business Division. Here are some of my random thoughts:

- A culture built on a lack of accountability. Senior leaders point the blame at everyone else but themselves.
    - Lack of upward mobility. This is not an uncommon problem. The mindset at Intuit is that "you own your career" but it's really hard to manage this when everything is so political. The culture is shifting too - even if you do awesome, stellar work, it's not about your job performance, it's about your attitude. That is to say, they will only reward people who show fire/passion at work.
    - Uninspiring company. For "older" folks, maybe it's OK to not work at a company that is cutting edge. But if you thrive on innovation, this is most definitely not the place for you.
    - Powerpoint-heavy. Sometimes, I didn't know whether the content was more important or the format. Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've spent because someone wanted my slide(s) to be prettier. What a waste of time.
    - Strategy? Ha! That's a good one. Strategy comes and goes. It changes on a time. There is no such thing as sticking to a strategy for 1+ year. Every year, it's something different.

Advice to Management

A lot of upper management needs to go.

If you really care about your employees, then help them grow in their careers and stop stringing them along.

2. "Intuit is a Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Intuit is a learning environment. Developing talent is not forced but openly promoted. The environment is friendly and competitive in a way that can nurture an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Intuit moves slowly and this can mean on your career also. I feel that intuit may loose some of its talent because of the saturation of it more engaged positions and because they do may not always be as competitive in salary as other companies.

Advice to Management

Think smarter and faster and learn teach learn is more teach learn teach. The advice of some bright young talent within the company or at lower levels isn't always taken or understood as well as it could be and implemented as fast as it should be.