Intuit - Decent Company if you are Director-level or above, and you thrive on constant chaos | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Decent Company if you are Director-level or above, and you thrive on constant chaos"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay (depending on your role)
Good benefits
Mountain View office is cushy, with a cafe, gym, and plenty of nice grounds
Depending on your team, you can work on interesting and challenging projects

Cons

Constant, never-ending reorganizations, layoffs, riffs, restructures, etc. Every couple of months something somewhere is getting moved/fired/laid off, etc. Over 700 were impacted in July, and we considered it normal.
Too many systems are being sent to be managed by overseas teams without the necessary experience to support them, as a cost-cutting measure.
Goals, main projects and systems, and focus changes drastically and dramatically every year. Or twice a year. Management cannot decide what they want to do, aside from further their own careers at the sake of everyone else, so everything changes, constantly.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "Even after being affected by a massive layoff, I would come back in a heartbeat!"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Support Specialist in Fredericksburg, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit treats their employees like GOLD. I have worked in many places, but all fall short of the excellent benefits, incentives, ability to move up and around and how they make you feel as a person. I will ALWAYS cherish my Intuit family

Cons

You must be okay with change. I wouldnt consider it as a CON, but it may take some time to get used to the "fly by the seat of your pants" type of atmosphere

Advice to Management

Always care about how approachable you are.

"To work at Intuit you must act accordingly and be ready to be micromanaged"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Facility, offices, food, discounted Starbucks,gym

Cons

I was surprised to read many of the same opinions on Glassdoor as what I see at Intuit. That is, if you want to work at Intuit, San Diego, you should be ready to do as you are told and never voice your opinion. Managers like to micromanage down to the hourly details. Many very intelligent people have been laid off for being too outspoken. It's a shame that great talent has left the company.

Turnover at Intuit is high. It's common for people to work at Intuit for a year or two and move on to other companies. Middle managers take the enjoyment out of working for Intuit. They can throw you under the bus when you least expect it. Co-workers are great though.

Innovation is encouraged but the only time to do it is after hours. Those who work extensive hours (such as 60 yours per week) will be promoted. Otherwise, if you do your work and do it well in a 40 hour work week it will take years to get a promotion.

There are not many women engineers that work at Intuit and the majority of those employed are from India. There is a definite disproportion of male to female engineers. You will notice it once you start going to meetings. Most people at Intuit are very young so if you fit that mold then you will like it.

I can't speak highly of Intuit as a whole so I don't refer my friends for jobs. There are many opportunities in San Diego of which I will be pursuing.

Lastly don't ask Human Resources for any help if you have a problem with a manager. HR is employed to side with the manager no matter what. I've never witnessed an HR department like this.

Advice to Management

Do what so many Intuit employees on Glassdoor have stated and change up your middle managers. Life would be better with more positive, inspiring managers who don't take the enjoyment out of coming to work.