Intuit - Great Seasonal Employment | Glassdoor

"Great Seasonal Employment"

Pros

Work from home, an OK rate per hour. You can do your job and be compensated for a job well done. Depending on the manager you get praise and a good bonus at end of season.

Cons

It is seasonal with no benefits other than 6% 401 K. I would like to see more year round positions. Once you master the technology and the Intuit way your season is over and you have to wait until December again. Some people get offered to stay a bit longer but Intuit has a policy that seasonal employees cannot work more than six months.

Advice to Management

Every tax season you let go of amazing talent that could help you grow the business year-round and shine in customer service. Use your tax advisers to help you grow your quickbooks business and integrate your tax software to the quickbooks programs.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Good products, Nice people, great perks, salary is good.

Cons

too many layers of management

Advice to Management

keep up doing the great work

2. "Tough to reach high expectations but nice to try"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aspirational environment, solid commitment to company values, mobility and development, friendly environment. This is a group of nice people trying to make a difference for our millions of customers. Exciting to be part of a group that is so customer-back in their approach.

Cons

Friendly environment can cause avoidance of difficult conversations, passive aggressive behavior instead of direct and candid communication. Still not good at narrowing the focus. We take on too many priorities and instead of narrowing, we just bucket them at a higher level. Need to be more candid in letting each other know what we can and can't support with our available bandwidth.

Advice to Management

Don't stop being aspirational in pursuit of candid feedback and employee development. But build employee and manager capabilities and hold them accountable.