Intuit - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Work/Life Balance; good community partner; treats employees with respect

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "It was great while it lasted"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

I loved working at Intuit. I believed in everything they told me and in the company's vision. The salary and benefits were great. I had great jobs at Intuit. I had great managers at Intuit. I was extremely well rewarded for my performance and continually told how well I was doing, which was reinforced by my reviews and bonuses. I had never been happier with my career in my life. The entire time I was there, I only had great things to say about Intuit (and I still do)

Cons

However, in 2003, the company had a drop in the stock's price and management decided to eliminate my position. They gave me one month to find another job or else take the severance package. I took the package because (1) it was a generous package and (2) I felt disillusioned by the total turnaround in the situation. In one month, things went from, "You are great" and "The function you run is one of the core values at Intuit" to "Thank you, you did an excellent job. Here's an enhanced severance package to reflect that excellent performance. Now get out of here." I really don't know what happened or what changed. I assume it was politics behind the scenes that I will never know about. I even asked senior management that if I was such a great performer, wouldn't they want to help me find another position within the Intuit? But they said no, that was my responsibility. I left feeling disillusioned about the vision and values I had believed in.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the commitments you make to your employees. Managers/leaders are employees too!

2. "Good company, can do better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Very respectful culture, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Slow decision making, no clear vision of where the company is headed.

Advice to Management

Pick a horse and stick with it for a while.