Intuit - A fun and friendly place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"A fun and friendly place to work."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great compensation for interns. There are a lot of activities going on that help get acclimated with the company. They offer a lot of opportunities to explore new technologies and work on projects besides day to day work, and they recognize employees that discover new opportunities for the company.

Cons

I personally don't agree with the direction the company may be headed in - where their priorities lie. But they are very transparent to the employees about this and are open to questions and suggestions from everyone. They provide an open opportunity for every employee to offer suggestions and the ability to transform the direction of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing skip levels, continue being transparent of company direction and beliefs.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "high performing...great benefits...limited advancement growth (especially from middle/sr to exec)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Compensation is competitively strong...smart, highly analytical people...the practices, process, analysis and strategy development within marketing is very strong...when you go to conferences or talk with others (especially in hi tech) you see how high the TurboTax organization is performing. Campus and benefits are quite nice...easy to get spoiled here.

Cons

Career growth is a challenge...sr positions are more often not filled from within...difficult to move past certain levels internally within the organization...very few people developers...yes people must take responsibility for their growth, but Intuit in San Diego lacks sr leaders who enable, coach and mentor.

You won't hear this much, but Intuit is quite political..not in the usual fashion...but a subtle way...who talks the corp jargon, those who can frame (even if they can't deliver results), etc. It's in every company...and it's clearly here at Intuit.

Advice to Management

Innovation is great...but be careful we don't fall into the trap of giving projects so much focus they become "pet" projects and we get "stars" in our eyes to quickly. some of our biggest businesses today, started out "ahead of the market curve" and was something additional we were doing...not "THE" thing. Improve the career opportunities within the organization (mainly in San Diego)...drive leaders to better mentors, coaches who enable employees to advance and grow based on strong performance and results (not just who "pitches" well)

"Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team"

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Overall Intuit has a great culture that values employees and learns from mistakes. There is high energy and senior management is completely bought into the mission to drive growth and turn the company around to drive organic growth. I like the collaborative environment and usually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

We need to make faster decisions. Delayed decisions impact downstream groups that are expected to "make up" the lost time and still execute at the same standards if the decision had been made in a timely manner. Sr. management needs to empower/trust employees to make and own decisions, including financial ones. Virtually no major financial decision can be made unless you're a director. I really like my job, which is good because the work load is quite heavy, but I think our group is leaner and more overworked than other teams.

Advice to Management

Improve "say-do" ratio on decision making philosophy