Intuit - Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

"Company undergoing turnaround to drive future growth..lots of change that can be painful, but great leadership team"

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Overall Intuit has a great culture that values employees and learns from mistakes. There is high energy and senior management is completely bought into the mission to drive growth and turn the company around to drive organic growth. I like the collaborative environment and usually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

We need to make faster decisions. Delayed decisions impact downstream groups that are expected to "make up" the lost time and still execute at the same standards if the decision had been made in a timely manner. Sr. management needs to empower/trust employees to make and own decisions, including financial ones. Virtually no major financial decision can be made unless you're a director. I really like my job, which is good because the work load is quite heavy, but I think our group is leaner and more overworked than other teams.

Advice to Management

Improve "say-do" ratio on decision making philosophy

Other Employee Reviews for Intuit

1. "Review from a big fan"

Current Employee - Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Mountain View, CA

Pros

They have a proven track record of customer driven innovation and some great products and brand that they can leverage as they head into the next phase with more focus on Saas and connected apps. Company is run based on strong values and it shows. Employees are treated with respect, there is a focus on work/life balance, career development and mobility, training etc. There is tremendous potential for the company especially in the small biz space. They have millions of small biz customers and have the potential to address problems and provide opportunities for small biz that were not there earlier.

Cons

I am big fan of the company and this is going to be challenge. I would say that the biggest downside is that Intuit is not viewed as a "technology" company and more of a "product" company and we don't get the respect from the investor community because of that. This reflects in the stock valuation since we have more customers to our web apps than many of our competitors who are getting higher multiples for their shares. Other than that, after having worked at several different startups and large companies in the valley, I have to say this has been the best company that I have been at.

Advice to Management

Shake things up a bit. Get an "edge" and push the company to go faster.

2. "Intuit is THE BEST place to work!"

Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Technical Support Team in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Intuit took a chance and allowed an administrative assistant with 20 yrs. experience to become a technical support engineer, which was my secret dream job. They tought me what I needed to know and I came to the table with the coachable skills and an extra set of useful skills that have both propelled me to become a Support Team Lead in just 3 short years. I am only limited by my willingness to learn and be proactive. The leadership is outstanding and my team, Quicken Health Group, is the best I have ever worked for because we take chances, think outside the box and are encouraged to help others on our team even if it is not in our normal job description. This mindset has allowed us to be nimble and make changes/course corrections quickly. We embrace change instead of fearing or dreading it. Our team helped to pilot the new way of doing support at Intuit (email only with selective callbacks) I am empowered in my current position to call my customers when I feel it is necessary.This has allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability. Even though I am on the technical support part of the team, we truly are valued by the product management, marketing, engineering and QA parts of the team. Our opinions are not only valued, but sought out by the rest of our teammates. We have even been able to influence product design by offering our real world customer experience.And I can work from home, which really helps in this gas crisis environment in which we live. Intuit cares about me as a person because they offer so many work/life balance options such as Weight Watchers, pilates, etc. onsite, as well as, daycare partial-reimbursement, gym membership $350 reimbursement and $5000/yr tuition reimbursement for career relevent education.This is THE BEST job that I have ever had in my life!

Cons

If you don't handle change well, then you don't want to work here. A reorganization can happen any day of the week at the drop of a hat. I had 3 bosses in one year last year. There is a bit of corporate bureaucracy, so if you don't like that, then you don't want to work here. Not all teams are like mine, but that is in the process of changing since we have our new CEO, Brad Smith. So my experience may not be your experience.

Advice to Management

Embrace Brad's new company mindsets and help to share best practices and brake down the silo walls between different teams and business units. We need to be one Intuit and that includes embracing our global partners. We do have the need for speed and we need to embrace that. Brad's "speed wobble" analogy was fantastic and well-articulated how moving faster actually helps you get where you are going, even if you are not comfortable with the pace at first.Please improve the communication options for remote employees. Too often things work well in Mountain View because folks are there and remote employees lose out because the technology limits the communication and interaction. A most recent example is the Design 4 Delight forum presentation.