Intuitive Surgical - Very financially successful and compensating company with a high pressure fire you at anytime environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intuitive Surgical

"Very financially successful and compensating company with a high pressure fire you at anytime environment"

Former Employee - Clinical Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Clinical Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

technology is the coolest thing on the market and most individuals in surgical sales find it attractive. Get to work with multiple different surgical specialities and obtain a broad knowledge base. Work within all levels of the hospital to grow surgical programs

Cons

It can be a pressure cooker environment where hitting your procedure and revenue numbers can come down to loosing your job. They fire people at will if you get a new manager and they do not like you or want their own people in your position your gone. In 4 years with the organization I have 6 manager.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting on people based on political connections within the organzation.

Other Employee Reviews for Intuitive Surgical

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

I love the excitement that goes on here. The people are terrifically fun, and hang out outside of work too. We go swimming together, biking, boating, exercising, dancing. I think our product is amazing, and I really like how my manager is to work with. He's extremely fair to me, and effusive in his praise.

Cons

There's a lot of work, and people work really hard. It feels like a start-up that never grew up. I wonder how much I'll like that in a few years. The other thing that bugs me is that in other groups there's a layer of middle management that I feel just goes along with the exec management. Fortunately, I don't have to put up with that BS!

Advice to Management

I've felt bad not being able to polish things for existing products because we're pushing the edge for the future ones, or not cleaning up existing code. Perhaps some time spent on this stuff instead of constant new work would boost morale...though honestly, most of us are really happy.

"Exciting and rewarding place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Each day is different from the last day.
    Challenging - There are always new challenges.
    Excitement - Seeing the new things that ISI builds for surgeons is very exciting.
    Flexibility - ISI schedule is flexible
    Treated fairly - It seems that most people are treated fairly.
    Rewarding - Seeing the benefit of ISI products is very rewarding.

Cons

The pay seems average but not great.
    Everyone has a large work load.
    No matching on 401K.
    No official Project Management methods.