Invesco - Nice Place To Work! | Glassdoor

"Nice Place To Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good incentives, friendly, casual culture. This company has a very nice, physical environment. I enjoyed the years I spent working there.

Cons

A bit rigid! It was a little difficult for me to climb the ladder there, so I left to explore other options.

Advice to Management

You have great leadership, but some get offended if asked a question they can't answer. I think your leadership should be trained to welcome all kinds of inquiries; they should not be threatened by them.

Other Employee Reviews for Invesco

"Decent work, not so great pay, disappointing management."

Former Contractor - Fund Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Fund Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Invesco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Some people in management were fantastic, somewhat flexible work environment. Pay was not terrible, and benefits were mediocre. The hours are typically very relaxed and the work is not difficult.

Cons

Some people in management were absolutely terrible and ruined the experience for everyone. I found that they had a great reputation at our school, but that was for the finance division. The accounting departments aren't nearly as enticing. Salary wasn't competitive and I would not go to work there again. I would say if you are ambitious and are wanting to move up it would take years to do so here. The work is not very challenging and when they don't hire enough people the hours can be terrible.

Advice to Management

Be nice to your employees! Some management are amazing, but they are few and far between. The rest, they can be rude and ruin your career.

"Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent way to learn about the financial services industry if you're interested in making a career
    Competent managers that don't micro-manage, have often worked in the role that they oversee
    Nice balance between competition and cooperation among a competitive sales desk

Cons

Promotions are difficult to come by though hiring from within the firm is prevalent
    Can get political

Advice to Management

Increase budgets for RVP's in order to generate more business