Iowa Home Care - Everyone is very unprofessional and not accountable for their actions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Iowa Home Care

"Everyone is very unprofessional and not accountable for their actions."

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in West Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Home Health Aide in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Good experience for a nursing student.
Our patients love us.
The job is self rewarding.
Paid for drive time.

Cons

Negative people.
No one is held accountable for their actions.
Unreliable staff.
Awful communication.
Aides are not treated well.

Advice to Management

This job is for someone that does not have a life and would like to constantly be on call.

Other Employee Reviews for Iowa Home Care

1. "HHA"

Current Employee - Hha
    Current Employee - Hha

I have been working at Iowa Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Iowa Home care for 2 and a half months. And I must say I enjoy every minute I've worked for this company. The most benefiting thing about it is the smiles I'm able to see on the clients faces when arriving and the thank you's I receive when leaving. I'm very blessed to be able to help others since it's what I enjoy most of all. I feel welcomed when communicating with my upper management. And my co workers are always willing to help and give advice when needed. Iowa Home care cares very much for there employees and clients. There is no other place i would rather be working at the moment. Hope to continue my employment with Iowa Home care for years to come.

Cons

Lack of communicate but no cons besides this as a HHA

Advice to Management

Iowa Home care is wonderful!!!!

Iowa Home Care Response

May 5, 2017 – director of marketing

Thank you for your hard work and kind words!

"Toxic work environment"

Pros

The people. The clients and the the front line staff are great. The friendships I made there have and will last a lifetime.
    I always had a positive view of the HR Leaders, as they came and went. There were 4 in my tenure.

Cons

The executive team and the middle management is formed mainly of 'yes' men who have no intention of implementing real change. When positive change is rolled out, implementation and communication are poor, and promises are never kept. Ideas were asked for by managers and executives and are bounced around like beach balls left eventually to deflate in the withering sun of budgets and the almighty dollar.
    Supervisory staff retention is poor. In 2 years, I had 5 managers.
    While I feel that the goals and mission set up by the Executive team are well intentioned, the execution of those goals and that mission are carried out by corrupt middle managers who are "punished" with suspensions and come right back to their jobs with the same attitudes and behaviors that earned them suspensions in the first place.
    Payroll is sketchy at best. Keep track of your hours.
    I made it through the Federal Raid in 2014, and the subsequent layoffs that followed, loosing vital staff that directly effected client cares, yet I could still stroll down the hall and buy a fancy overpriced coffee in order to keep the nepotism that ran so deeply through the company alive.
    I needed that caffeine boost though, because I was working 12-16 hour days with no support from management.
    Client Complaints were through the roof, and while those clients were unhappy with their services, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place as IHC is the only company in the area that offers those services.

Advice to Management

Supply and Demand.
    Selling services that you can not provide is fraudulent. If you have x clients you need y aides/nurses to staff those clients. Having double the x amount of clients and staffing them with the same y amount of aides/nurses is a failure.
    Look internally to see how to keep good people, and if a manager has had to be suspended, fire them. They are not doing the work that you would want put out under your good name!