Iowa Western Community College - job search | Glassdoor

"job search"

Current Employee - Continuing Education Coordinator - Business and Industry in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at Iowa Western Community College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work environment is very positive

Cons

None that I know of

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Iowa Western Community College

1. "Student"

I have been working at Iowa Western Community College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Student friendly community college located in Council Bluffs Iowa. Classes are closely linked with the job opportunities that are available within the Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska Region.

Cons

For the most part there are very few cons that I have experianced in my 3 semesters at IWCC. Students and Faculty are easy to get along with.

2. "Customers, I mean students..."

Pros

I had many wonderful students during my time at IWCC and the majority of my coworkers were earnest and diligent.

Cons

The management regularly referred to students as customers. The only requirement for acceptance was the ability to pay or qualify for financial aid. Although this "open door policy" did give some an opportunity they wouldn't have had otherwise, many were completely unprepared for college. Admitting a student who reads at a first grade level and advising them to take out loans for a degree they're almost certain not to complete is predatory and despicable.