Ipas - very good organization to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ipas

"very good organization to work"

Current Employee - Programmer Coordinator
Current Employee - Programmer Coordinator

I have been working at Ipas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very good atmosphere,bosses,colleagues,support system,freedom of work

Cons

no universal and transparent salary structure

Advice to Management

salary structure should be made according to educational qualification and experiences not according to employees negotiation skill

Other Employee Reviews for Ipas

"Great Mission Driven organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at Ipas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ipas is a fantastic mission driven organization that values its staff and provides them with career development opportunities. Its a flat organization and everyone all the way to the most senior levels of management practice open door policy.

Cons

I'm yet to find any significant cons that are specific to Ipas. Like any other organization, it has a mix of people that one works well with, and some one would find challenging.

"Staying because of the underlying mission, colleagues despite significant challenges"

I have been working at Ipas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant colleagues, some who take on the deep challenges with a measured bravery that inspires me. Very supportive and experienced middle managers and direct supervisors. Work life balance options and health benefits are good. Vacation and leave policies are good not great considering the field we are in.
    This work is under attack from all sides; it's never been more important work than it is now!

Cons

Non-transparent leveling has left people in the organization confused about where they fit and how/whether they are valued employees to Ipas as a whole. Some lasting inequities have been reinforced and gone unchanged with a new structure without a clear advocate or process for rectification. New CEO and COO are not visible during tough times and think they can simply re-write the mission and values of an organization with a long history and deep ties and commitment to communities. Some in upper management and human resources do not seem to understand that attaining health, access, and rights to abortion (or even the less principled though easier to sell "reducing unsafe abortion") is only possible when you acknowledge how power, stigma, race, and paternalism influence even the most user centered systems. The organization is losing amazing staff specifically some brilliant young women of color. I fear the next farewell email and mourn the loss of the energy to the organization and sometimes to the whole field as people who leave take jobs at less radically awesome organizations or in a related field. I leave the responsibility for all of the departures firmly at the doors of new upper management and the residual, unspoken effects of a deeply traumatic, multi-wave firing process.

Advice to Management

The world does not need another mainstream public health organization to work on abortion only to the extent that it reduces maternal mortality.
    Take the time to stop and learn about the reason people have hung on and toughed out very difficult change. Our motivation is internal and the urgency is clear to us. When you over-emphasize the "need" for these services or the dangers of not doing them, you are literally preaching to the people who have been doing the work of caring about and for abortion (and not just decreasing unsafe abortion) through harrowing internal and external pressures. Though the specific understandings of why we do our work may differ, we're not lazy, we do understand, and we have been deeply caring about the health, access, and rights of all people to abortion for a long time.

Also, take the lesson that these reviews are really teaching: yes, some people are satisfied with the direction and changes, but you can get that feedback any day in your offices and meetings; the fact that there are so many negative reviews of late is because there are no real opportunities to discuss, engage with, or challenge the major changes you are making. You are making changes that affect our work but also how this work is done in the world. Now is such a precarious era in our field and in the rights of women that it is no time to shut yourself off to feedback from the people who want it to succeed the most.