Iron Mountain Inc - Downhill Slide - No longer a place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"Downhill Slide - No longer a place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Literally the satisfaction of helping someone and experiencing their happiness at finding just the right answer to their problem. The pay is better than unemployment. The building at Collegeville is across from the shopping center with the Ulta in it. Great friendships can be made with co-workers.

Cons

The stress is really up and most of girls I know are looking for new jobs. Literally the workload is increasing; manager may say you're an assigned person and then they stick you in a pool. So they say they're always hiring, but that's just to make you feel better. Managers don't maintain professionalism, yelling about phones cross the floor. They are always showing a ton of favoritism to certain employees. If management likes you, or you're buddies with them, the you get all the smoke breaks and everyone else suffers.They have IT teams that do nothing about the AWS system and can't answer any questions if helps needed. Constant pressure to do more with less, alot less. Literally no real input on how things are run. Continually stressful work environment!

Advice to Management

Guys, we used to be a great company. We made money by providing great customer service. Over the last six months, especially in Collegeville, we've changed to one that is focused on cutting costs. Stop cheating the customers by consolidating employees into pools and pods. It's like we literally don't even care about the customer anymore, let alone us employees. Pay the women that work for you the same as the men. Try treating employees with respect. Management should focus their attention on retaining those employees that truly love and appreciate the company .

Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"Global company has okay benefits and good pay"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company provides competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Fails to make connections with front line employees

Advice to Management

Spend one on one time with you non-exempt employees to fully understand their challenges. Mid and upper management needs to spend more time learning about all the service lines

"Good company, good pay, constant changes."

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our department has good communication so that everyone knows what's going on. No secrets between any of the levels of management. There are opportunities for working on different projects so things are always interesting.

Cons

There are been three layoffs in the past three years. There is a search for a new CEO and therefore there is some sense of not knowing where we will be focusing in the coming year.

Advice to Management

Keep tabs on the pay scales within a department.