Iron Mountain Inc - Choosing to leave | Glassdoor

"Choosing to leave"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are generally some good people at this company, with good intentions. However they are often not the people in a place of power, and if they do they don't leverage their position to make a positive difference.

Cons

I have found many of my co-workers petty, dishonest, and not team players. Decisions are told in a manner which does not consider peoples feelings. I heard of someone who was in NYC and fired over the phone during Hurricane Sandy so that IRM would not have to let people go in November - too close to the holiday. I hate to say it, but here the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and those with bad attitudes have more say than the positive people.

Advice to Management

Find a strategy and stick to it, have patience in your decision and your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"Downhill Slide - No longer a place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Literally the satisfaction of helping someone and experiencing their happiness at finding just the right answer to their problem. The pay is better than unemployment. The building at Collegeville is across from the shopping center with the Ulta in it. Great friendships can be made with co-workers.

Cons

The stress is really up and most of girls I know are looking for new jobs. Literally the workload is increasing; manager may say you're an assigned person and then they stick you in a pool. So they say they're always hiring, but that's just to make you feel better. Managers don't maintain professionalism, yelling about phones cross the floor. They are always showing a ton of favoritism to certain employees. If management likes you, or you're buddies with them, the you get all the smoke breaks and everyone else suffers.They have IT teams that do nothing about the AWS system and can't answer any questions if helps needed. Constant pressure to do more with less, alot less. Literally no real input on how things are run. Continually stressful work environment!

Advice to Management

Guys, we used to be a great company. We made money by providing great customer service. Over the last six months, especially in Collegeville, we've changed to one that is focused on cutting costs. Stop cheating the customers by consolidating employees into pools and pods. It's like we literally don't even care about the customer anymore, let alone us employees. Pay the women that work for you the same as the men. Try treating employees with respect. Management should focus their attention on retaining those employees that truly love and appreciate the company .

"Global company has okay benefits and good pay"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company provides competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Fails to make connections with front line employees

Advice to Management

Spend one on one time with you non-exempt employees to fully understand their challenges. Mid and upper management needs to spend more time learning about all the service lines