Iron Mountain Inc - I loved working for Iron Mountain In Tennessee, In Michigan not so much | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"I loved working for Iron Mountain In Tennessee, In Michigan not so much"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In Tennessee people where great, hours were awesome. I was taught a lot and fit right in with everyone.

Cons

In Michigan I went home crying after my first day. People were rude and had to do a lot of traveling. I was pregnant and they asked me to move heavy file boxes.

Advice to Management

In Tennessee you guys are great and really care about you employees. In Michigan you better take better care of your employees

Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"bad working environment equals bad performance"

Current Contractor - Records Center Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Contractor - Records Center Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

good workout...decent pay...vending machine items cost .25 cents..thats about it...

Cons

stressful, dusty ass enviroment, frustration, favoritism..meeting near impossible quotas...limited equipment to work with...it took me a good 30 mins. just to pull a long ass box out from behind other boxes, in a tight ass aisle and it had no handles, and half broken boxes..spent most of my time on those kinds of boxes and they expect you to meet a near impossible quota..all this because of the TERRIBLE layout of the entire warehouse and the way they stacked the boxes...i don't know about the other Iron Mountain locations but the one in Sacramento is BAD.

Advice to Management

set more reasonable, manageable quotas and give a better working environment and equipment

"Going downhill and telling themselves otherwise"

Former Employee - Senior BDE in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior BDE in Orlando, FL

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Market Leader, deep pockets, can afford the cost of bringing on large accounts, good training,

Cons

lost focus of the customer service demands of a company who's top product is service. Invests heavily in a process and executes poorly then scraps the plan resulting in a revolving door of old ideas that result in drastic changes in the comp and sales process
    Commissions is the most poorly administrated function of the business.

Advice to Management

own your changes stick with something and trust your people to deliver the sales and pay them on time