Iron Mountain Inc - WOW!! Didn't learn the lessons from the 2011 layoffs? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"WOW!! Didn't learn the lessons from the 2011 layoffs?"

Former Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA
Former Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are none at Iron Mountain anymore... I was laid off in 2011 which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me!!

Cons

Everything has been outsourced and continues to be.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting the employees from the bottom of company and start making changes at the top where the real problems exist. I still keep in touch with some of the folks in the trenches and it took almost a year to recover from the 2011 layoffs. My question is will this company recover from these changes?

Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"Beat around the bush"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Royersford, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Royersford, PA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Great co-workers! Great co-workers!

Cons

Over 200+ people have either been laid off or will find out their status tomorrow as to a job. They beat around the bush on everything and especially in today's meeting. Outsourcing a majority of our hard work to the Philippines. Don't tell you anything direct. It's more read between the lines. Don't ask questions or it will come back to bite you someway somehow.

Advice to Management

Listen to your valuable employees. We know how to do our jobs. Your going to lose a TON of business with outsourcing everything. We as employees and consumers can safely say WE HATE SPEAKING TO NON ENGLISH SPEAKING REPRESENTATIVES and if I were a customer of yours I'd leave in a heart beat. Also your billing system is archaic and upgrading to BillTrust WAS the WORST thing you could have done. No one understands the billing not even employees!

"Organized Chaos"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you land in the right group, the people are fantastic.

Cons

There is no defined process for many of the departments here. There is a lot going on, but it is tough to identify anyone who can define how a process works or a policy is carried out. Organized chaos, because somehow things appear to be getting done, but on the back end, you truly never know who is doing what at the company. Very frustrating environment to get these rolled out, and a lot of people nay-saying before they understand what they are so passionately saying no to. Not enough room for growth or true developmental change.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people you have working under you and pay them what they deserve...not spending that money on the consultants you bring in to same the same thing, yet still get nothing accomplished.