Iron Mountain Inc - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor/Facility Security Officer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

While working fot Iron Mountain I found the atmosphere to be flexible, progressive and challenging.

Cons

The area the company can improve in is training and development. Sometimes employees are promoted without being trained and this can make their experience a stressful one.

Advice to Management

Continue to put frontline employees first. This is not a commom practice that other companies demand.

Other Employee Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

"Bright, caring staff poised to successfully land high growth opportunities now that it's a REIT"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bright and surprisingly creative and flexible staff makes work engaging and fun. Long-timers know where the bodies are buried and are able to steer newbies clear of potential problems. Much of the training is self-help videos and online exercises, generally very good. Excellent market data, leads and research ensure the best and brightest have the best info to make good decisions and to be most productive. Solid benefits and pay. Vision and Mission are easy to get behind and support.

Cons

A challenging environment to gain proficiency; some processes seem over engineered and people in the know go around these hurdles, causing fires elsewhere. Good communication and transparency, though, but cycles are burned unnecessarily. CYA emails and figuring out what's going on by the 48th forward is tedious, but it's in the culture.

Advice to Management

We need a process to autopsy things that go wrong and another to challenge industry data and stats based on our own experiences. Teams in the field have a lot of industry and competitive insight that could better be shared - perhaps on Salesforce "Chatter" Also, we should have "No Meeting Fridays" to catch up, distill and share what we've learned.

2. "It was wonderful experience they did want me to leave"

Former Employee - Warehouse Dockworker in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Dockworker in Dallas, TX

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Hours, pay, and compensation / rewards to get for being such a hardworking enthusiastic employee.

Cons

Operating some of the equipment the culture and dealing with the strenuous labor that comes with the job

Advice to Management

The management is pretty descent and sophisticated in how they go about dealings with certain situations that might cause the company to fail. But overall there pretty reasonable on employees that depends on your work ethics, dependability, accuracy, and sense of urgency.