Irvine Company - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Property Assistant/Associate- Office Properties in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stable employment. Do your job and you are set. There are lots of opportunities for growth throughout the company. Competitive pay.

Cons

Not so great benefits. Health insurance options for PPO are expensive $120 a month! Not including dental or vision. HMO coverage for $40 is horrible and nothing is really covered other than preventative care. 401k, IC only matches up to 4%.

Advice to Management

Stay open to hearing from the people who keep the wheels turning.

Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company

"Beware of the Irvine Company - all is not what it seems"

Former Employee - Management in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in general are very nice, in fact I miss several of the team I worked with.

Cons

The company is a continual chopping block. They lay off more that anyone I know and consistently. If they are not laying people off they are outsourcing almost everything. It's a real shame as the majority of the people who work there are smart and very nice.

Advice to Management

Start investing in people instead of getting rid of everyone.

"A Fear Based Company. Run The Other Way!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work at beautiful apartment communities.

Cons

Poor work/life balance for on-site employees. Must work weekends and some holidays are mandatory. The company is hurting financially because it raises it's rents on vacant units 2% per week until filled. They would rather over- price the apartments and let them remain vacant as long as a year in some cases, instead of dropping the rental price.

Employees are poorly treated and feedback to management is highly discouraged. They can't retain "Top Talent." The Human Resources Dept. will lie to you just to get you on-board with the
    company. Even if you're a Leasing Superstar your best will never be enough. You're only as good as you're current week's numbers. The pressure is intense and that's an understatement.

I left on my own accord because I had an extremely incompetent Community Manager and got tired of covering up his mistakes. Plus, the company culture is the worst I've ever encountered.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Streamline your current processes and listen to your employees that are in the "trenches."