Irvine Company - Property management | Glassdoor

"Property management"

I worked at Irvine Company part-time

Pros

it was a good work environment

Cons

Can't really advance in the company

Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company

"Perfect Job for a Pawn"

Pros

If you have a hard time thinking for yourself, they do it for you.

Cons

Wasn't even allowed to put pictures of my family on my desk! Monitored my appearance down to the way I did my hair. If I wanted to be somebody's puppet, I'd find a sugar daddy that paid me what I'm worth!

"They tend to "say all the right things!""

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

Pros

Employment opportunities in Southern California.

Cons

Senior management tends to "say all the right things" to keep employees happy for as long as possible. At the end of the day it is all about making money and employee opinions and concerns are forgotten.

Managing a community with the Irvine Apartment Management Company is not like most companies. Making decisions at the property level is impossible and every decision has to be approved by upper management. Thinking like an owner and taking ownership of goals and work can be difficult when managers managing multi-million dollar assets can not make business decisions on their own.

Advice to Management

The best way to reduce employee turnover, improve customer service and get a better return on your investment is through employee satisfaction. During challenging times offer employees the tools they need to succeed instead of challenging them with aggressive goals and counseling them when goals are not reached. Employees can never "think like an owner" unless they are supported by the owners and are given the opportunity to make business decisions.