Irvine Company - Great Benefits and great staff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Irvine Company

"Great Benefits and great staff."

Current Employee - Guest Services in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Guest Services in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant Work Environment and good staff.

Cons

Promotions are hard to earn.

Advice to Management

Promotions

Other Employee Reviews for Irvine Company

"Beautiful Properties, Great Locations, Unprofessional Upper Management"

Former Employee - General Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Product, Beautiful Assets, Great Budgets, Competitive salaries. Very good life/work balance. Lots of upcoming growth with numerous lease ups. Specializes in A Product. Does not starve their assets.

Cons

The Regional staff is very unprofessional, similar to the "Mean Girls". Micro Management, does not allow career growth. As a Manager you are told how and when on everything. Very little opportunity to manage your asset.

Advice to Management

The new Upper Management seems to be making GREAT changes. I am excited to see how much IAC improves under the leadership of the Archstone Influence. I do not agree that a Master's degree outweighs experience, that is the one area I think will keep IAC from being the Best WELL ROUNDED company. While the current workforce was in college , some of us were working our way up from entry level positions and transformed into top industry performers.

"Well polished company only from the exterior. Unless you are senior management, you are paid in monopoly money."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Irvine Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

President Kevin Baldrige, Jeff Kimes (VP) and Kerri Zarzana (VP) are good hearted people, humble and they treat you as an equal. Most employees are fun to work with.

Cons

Required Degree / Low Pay. Must work weekends. Pay structure and goals can/will change without notice. New processes in 2014 eliminated most management positions with little room to grow.

Advice to Management

I loved my time with ICAC. Mr. Bren has built an amazing company. However with all the recent changes, you have a lot of unhappy employees looking for other companies to work for. Lowering pay right after Christmas and during the slowest time of year was wrong. Then taking away employee discounts was awful, especially when its so expensive to work and live in CA. As for me, I was wrongfully terminated without a full HR investigation. I'm still confused and heartbroken as I was a seasoned, top producing LC. One of your leasing managers, who has had an ongoing and undeserved issue with me, should be watched carefully. With all his inappropriate behaviours, I believe the company will be sued one day (not by me). Most of the other managers in Norcal are suburb. Termination aside, thank you for an amazing experience and I wish ICAC the best!